Open Clinica 3.10.1 performance issues and request for external support

BeccaTBeccaT Posts: 3
Hello,

I am working on a project which is using Open Clinica 3.10.1 on a relatively small scale but we are are having severe problems with Open Clinica repeatedly crashing. There is a lack of Open Clinica expertise in our research group so we are researching different options in terms of external support.

We cannot afford Open Clinica Entreprise and we are aware that paying for Open Clinica consultation is an option but I would like to know if there is anything else worth considering?

Many thanks,
Becca

Comments

• Manoj SoniManoj Soni Posts: 163
    via Email
    I have worked in open clinica 3.1.4 for 4 years.

You say it crashes, what exactly the error is.

Manoj
  • ecalanchiecalanchi Posts: 26
    Did you check the OpenClinica User Wiki, especially the "System Maintenance" section?
    Latest releases require more memory than 3.1.4 and the first things I would check are Tomcat logs and performance settings.
    E. Calanchi
    datariver.it
  • BeccaTBeccaT Posts: 3
    Hello Manoj,

It'll either happen when a user is on Open Clinica, sometimes it begins to slow right down (in terms of loading pages) before a blank page appears or a blank page will just appear.

It also appears to crash quite frequently overnight as it can't be accessed at all the following morning.

Our IT team have to reboot the server every time this happens to get it to work again.

Becca
  • kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭
    I would advice you to upgrade to the current version, 3.14 and follow the instructions for Tomcat configuration. Now you can upgrade to a 64 but version of PQSQL and you will have much better performance! I you checked the log files?
    The upgrade is very simple. Just backup your database using PGADMIN III, install the new version of OC and then import the backup you created.
    We have many yaers experience with the Community version and we never have any problems.
    Best

Krister
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Hi Becca,
    It is easiest to diagnose your problem when you follow the steps as detailed in https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenClinica_User_Manual/InstallationCheckList#Writing_a_mail_to_the_OpenClinica_community
    Just the last bit of that page, as you have alread successfully installed OC. If you could do that and upload the logs we get a clearer picture.
    Many thanks,
    Gerben Rienk