OpenClinica Participate for Community Version

Hello all,

I am currently using OpenClinica Community Version 3.7.
We are looking to integrate ePROs into our project and as a non-enterprise user, I have run into some technical roadblocks on how this can be achieved.

I understand that I will need to run a OpenRosa-compliant data capture client and as a person with no software development background, I am looking for a guide that will help me set this up successfully to capture ePROs.

Any help and support will be much appreciated.
Thank you!!!

Best,
Neva

Comments

• toskriptoskrip Posts: 259 ✭✭
    Hi,

it greatly depends on the capture client that you choose to use and level on integration that you want to achieve. E.g. separate offline data collection with ODK and later manual or automated mapping of data into CDISC ODM for import into OC may be possible to setup without much programming (although some will be required to allow to move the data from one system to another).

however, if you want fully integrated online data collection similar to OC Participate, you will have to modify a source code of OC and use such customised version of OC together with enketo-oc-express. The box version of OC community version has implemented security blocks in the code that only allow to enable the official payed for OC Participate.

See this thread for the second option, where I captured my way of tackling with this feature (it is quite technical):
    https://forums.openclinica.com/discussion/15709/has-anyone-been-able-to-get-oc-participate-i-e-oc-enketo-or-odk-working/

long story short... for community ePRO we are operating customised OC 3.9 with enketo-oc-express (from 2016, do not know from head the version, but it is quite behind of what is currently master branch of github repository).

best

Tomas
  • nevaeleangovannevaeleangovan Posts: 4
    Hi Tomas,

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation, it has definitely cleared up some of my queries regarding OC participate.

I do like the sound of the challenging second option of modifying OC source code, thank you for the link for this! I will look into getting some help before I attempt this.

Neva