31 Dec 2018: Thank you to our knowledgeable and friendly forums users for another great year. We are aware of the uptick in spam accounts and are doing our best to ban these at first sight. Thank you for your patience!

Table design from OpenClinica paper

In a document of OpenClinica an example of a table/grid is shown (see attachment, figure 2) . Here the Ongoing/Continuing column is followed by a divided column yes/no. Does someone know how the 'program' this in excel or if some script needs to be written?

Thanks!

Comments

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    You probably mean "grouped data". You create such a table by creating a group where you can add as many lines as you need.
    Regards
    Krister
  • MerelMerel Posts: 3
    Yes, I'm familiair with doing grouped data. However in de example in the document one of the columns is divided into two sub columns and I don't understand how I can do that.
  • ccollinsccollins Posts: 378 admin
    I believe you'll get that view when you have items with response_type of 'radio' or 'checkbox' and the response_layout is 'Horizontal'. Each sub-column will be one of your choices from the response set.
  • MerelMerel Posts: 3
    edited August 2018
    Yes, that the trick! Thanks a lot!
    Do you know if this layout is also possible with text. So Instead of clicking on the radiobutton, getting a text area?