Have anybody installed OC4?

Please kindly provide a install guide since I encounter a lot problem in config oauth. Thanks a lot!

Answers

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭
    You do not have to install it. It comes pre-installed and validated as far as I know. Do you mean 3.14??
    Best Krister
    Krister
  • toskriptoskrip Posts: 265 ✭✭
    edited September 22
    Hi @malajisi,

as far as I know, nobody from the community tried to compile and install OC4 locally. At least nobody shared their experience yet. It may be interesting but complex topic but if you are actively working on it, it would be good to document here what have you done so far (which version from github repository, which version of enketo-express-oc, what configuration changes...). There was a similar thread here regarding participate where the road blockers have been pointed out and finally people from OC clarified them and some of the community members have been able to get the community version of participate running. Myself I did not yet find enough time to start experimenting with OC4 setup, but from what I remember, the authentication should be powered by Auth0 (although internally it is likely OAuth protocol).

Tomas
  • haenselhaensel Posts: 577 ✭✭
    I tried to install OC4 but did not succeeded.
    As far as I do remember one of the main show-stoppers is the 'FormManager'-Service. I do not know this form manager and didn't found any information about it so I assumed it is a closed source product for enterprise users only.

Regarding Auth0: The Auth0 library is directly used in OC4, so there is no way to change it to a different OAuth service without modifiing OpenClinica.

In my opinion it is not possible to install OC4 as community version.

Regards,
    Christian
    Thanks for feedback Christian. This is what I though... without modifications of source code it will not be possible (it was the same case for Participate). That FormManager is also new to me.

Tomas
    toskrip said:

without modifications of source code it will not be possible

Additionally to modifying the source code you need to implement the relevant services (e.g. form manager).

The form manager seems to be a service that manages the xform definitions.

Regards
    Christian

• GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Hi Christian and Tomas,
    Yes, the form manager is (or at least 'could be') odk-aggregate. This service communicates with enketo, in that enketo reads the forms definition(s) from odk. Enketo serves the form to the client, the client collects data and when online (again) and sends the data back to enketo, who sends it to the form manager.
    As I understand it.
    Any feedback from OC (@Krikor Krumlian maybe?) is highly appreciated.
    Kind regards,
    Gerben Rienk
  • malajisimalajisi Posts: 4
    kristiak said:

You do not have to install it. It comes pre-installed and validated as far as I know. Do you mean 3.14??
    Best Krister
    Krister

No, 3.14 can be install correctly. OC4, I means the next generation OC, maybe 4.x

Hi Christian and Tomas,
    Yes, the form manager is (or at least 'could be') odk-aggregate.

Is this an assumption or do you have any evidence for this? I do not find any sign that it is really odk-aggregate.

Nonetheless there are other services that aren't public available. One is the study build system.

There isn't even a way to upload a crf definition from the ui.

I'm curious if we can find a way together.

Regards,
    Christian
    it is unlikely to be odk-aggregate. It uses API endpoints that indicates clinical research (such as protocol) and aggregate is not using such terminology. From the look of it, it seem to be handling the upload of XLSForm (the spreadsheet definition of XForm) and generate proper XForm artefacts (that are then stored on that service server and are accessible by URI).

I would say that it is web service developed around some of ODK XLSForm converters:
    https://docs.opendatakit.org/xlsform/

with additional OC related functionality...

The other change that is good to keep in mind is the changed way of how OC handles CRF versions on ODM domain model. If I remember right all items from all XForm versions are represented within one FormDef in ODM model and OC introduces vendor specific element FormLayoutDef that is doing the versioning and linkage to XForm artefacts.

Tomas
    haensel said:

Nonetheless there are other services that aren't public available. One is the study build system.

I agree... replacing the study build system (aka SBS) with an open alternative will be the biggest issue. In documentation I have seen REST APIs to allow to create studies/sites/event definitions, however the eCRF creation related things are not documented yet.

T