Archived CRF is still accessible for data entry

Dear All,

I have been facing some strange behaviour with archived CRFs in OC.

Assume an ongoing study has an event with CRF #1(Test_R_And_A) that has new requirements which cannot be implemented in the new version of the CRF #1 due to version update limitations. Thus, a new CRF #2(Test_R_And_A_2) is created and linked with the event. In order to restrict data entry for the CRF#1 but still be able to have relevant data in the data extractions it is Archived(Locked). The issue is that CRF#1 is still accessible for the data entry.
I have attached screens for easy reference.

What can be the workaround?
Please help me out.
Thank you!

Best Answers

• khurshedkhurshed Posts: 12
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Kristiak,
    What I mean is in case if a new field is created(by renaming the old one) we have to change/recreate all the rules where the old field was referenced and all conditional display options, am I right?

Thanks.

Answers

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭
    What prevents you from modifying the CRF and transferering the previously entered data into the new version? This works very well.
    The problem is that CRF#1 and CRF#2 are different CRFs, not just different versions. Even if it were different versions it is too much work to reassign one by one for every subjects.
    No not at all. It is fully automatic. The old data is transferred seemlesly to the new version. The old patients will have blanks where you can insert the new data if so desired. On the "Manage Case Report Forms (CRFs" page for each CRF there is an arrow "Batch CRF Version Migration" furthest to the right.

Good luck

Krister
    Just make sure that the new CRF has the same name but a different version number
    It seems to be a very handy feature. As far as I understood it works only for migration from one CRF version to another. But what do you advise when CRFs are different? This is the case when response text cannot be modified by uploading a new version of the CRF, so you go by creating a new CRF.
    You can override the warning and upload a new version even when you have changed the response values or text.
    Hi, kristiak!
    The warning is not overridable. Please kindly refer to the attached screen.
    Thanks.

Give it a different field name.
    You must replace the old field not keep both!
    Awesome! Hence I will have to replace all references of the old item name with the new one, right? And as far as I understood the archive feature works only for restricting versions of the same CRF, not new CRF?