31 Dec 2018: Thank you to our knowledgeable and friendly forums users for another great year. We are aware of the uptick in spam accounts and are doing our best to ban these at first sight. Thank you for your patience!

New Computer Host Server

Hi,
My laptop is the host server for the community edition of OC. I received a new laptop which I want to use as the host in the future. What do I have to do with OC?

I would appreciate any information and help very much.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Silke.

Comments

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Which version of OC do you use today?
  • sroeddersroedder Posts: 25
    Community Edition OC WS 3.14
    Very good, the you can install an fresh copy of OC on the new laptop using the same folders The you export the old database and install the export file in the new database, You will find the details in the instructions for OC,

Regards

Krister
    Krister, thank you. I appreciate it. Where do I find the old database?
    I installed a fresh copy of OC, as well as JAVA, and Tomcat and Postgres. Postgres creates an error message, Server not listening. The server does not accept connections. Do you know how I can fix that?

Thanks again,

Silke.
    You have to create a backup of the old database on your old laptop by using PG ADMIN and the import this file into the new laptop.
    The problems you are probably related to the POSTGRE username, which has to have ADMIN rights. Once you have PG correctly installed you must use the PgADMIN tool to restore the database

Good luck

Krister
  • haenselhaensel Posts: 602 ✭✭✭
    Hi Silke

There is a chapter "8.1 Backup and Restore OpenClinica" in the "OpenClinica Technical Documentation".

There is also a "Backup and Restore" page in the wikibook.

Regards,
    Christian
    Thank you all for the great help and tips. I highly appreciate them.
    Upon changing the postgres user to have administrative rights, the system is still showing the same error message.
    Any idea how to solve that?

Thanks again,

Silke.
    That is more difficult to say. Maybe Christian could have some idea. I have never had that problem. Maybe you can find it if you look at this link: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Troubleshooting_Installation

Regards

Krister
  • ebsebs Posts: 135 ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Check that the Postgres host based authentication is configured to allow the user to connect......

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/auth-pg-hba-conf.html