We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

'cannot nest' error while creating eclipse project

While creating a java project in Eclipse, I got this error:
Cannot next 'clinica22/src/main/java/org/akaza/openclinica/i18n' inside 'clinica22/src/main/java'. To enable the nesting exclude 'org' from 'clinica22/src/main/java'
<<nesting_error.jpg>>
The problem occurred during step 5 of 'Setup OpenClinica in Eclipse' in the developerwiki getting started document.
How should the project be set up in Eclipse?
Thanks,
Cynthia Pepper
Software Engineer
Department of Radiological Sciences
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
332 North Lauderdale Street
Memphis, TN 38105-2794
901.495.4923 tel
901.495.3981 fax
[email protected]
nesting_error.jpg
Attachments:
nesting_error.jpg 84.0 KB

Comments

• Hi Cynthia,

I noticed in your screen shot that you chose 'Create Project from Existing Source' while checking out from SVN. Instead, try creating a new project in the workspace after checking out the source tree in Eclipse. Let us know if that does not solve the nesting issue.

Best, Tom
  • cpeppercpepper Posts: 24
    Tom,

I created a java project, then tried to import a Maven2 project into it so it would contain the src code, but instead the import created its own Java project called OpenClinica [OpenClinica/branches/OpenClinica-2-2]. But that new project appears to be OK, and is pointed at my original source code directory, so I can start making the changes requested by our users.

Thanks,
    Cynthia Pepper
    [email protected]
    Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 1:22 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: RE: [Developers] 'cannot nest' error while creating eclipse project
    Hi Cynthia,

I noticed in your screen shot that you chose 'Create Project from Existing Source' while checking out from SVN. Instead, try creating a new project in the workspace after checking out the source tree in Eclipse. Let us know if that does not solve the nesting issue.

Best, Tom
    Sent: Mon 1/7/2008 9:59 PM
    Subject: [Developers] 'cannot nest' error while creating eclipse project
    Cannot next 'clinica22/src/main/java/org/akaza/openclinica/i18n' inside 'clinica22/src/main/java'. To enable the nesting exclude 'org' from 'clinica22/src/main/java'
    <<nesting_error.jpg>>
    The problem occurred during step 5 of 'Setup OpenClinica in Eclipse' in the developerwiki getting started document.
    Thanks,
    Cynthia Pepper
    Software Engineer
    Memphis, TN 38105-2794
    901.495.4923 tel
    901.495.3981 fax
    cynthia.pep[email protected]
  • cpeppercpepper Posts: 24
    Tom,

When I tried to build the project, it raise about 700 errors and 6000+ warnings, so I guess it still is not right. Should the project rebuild from within Eclipse?

Cynthia Pepper
    [email protected]
    Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 1:42 PM
    Tom,

I created a java project, then tried to import a Maven2 project into it so it would contain the src code, but instead the import created its own Java project called OpenClinica [OpenClinica/branches/OpenClinica-2-2]. But that new project appears to be OK, and is pointed at my original source code directory, so I can start making the changes requested by our users.

Thanks,
    Cynthia Pepper
    [email protected]
    Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 1:22 PM
    Hi Cynthia,

Best, Tom
    Sent: Mon 1/7/2008 9:59 PM
    Subject: [Developers] 'cannot nest' error while creating eclipse project
    <<nesting_error.jpg>>
    Thanks,
    Cynthia Pepper
    Software Engineer
    Memphis, TN 38105-2794
    901.495.4923 tel
    901.495.3981 fax
    [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.