We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Re: [Users] PermGen Error when deploying more than 2 instances of openclinica 3.0 in Tomcat.

Dear Janus/Anand,
Thanks so much guys for your suggestions. At last I have managed to deploy more than two instances though still on the test server but I hope it solves my problem.
Kind Regards,
Michael.
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Dr. Anand Tamhankar wrote:
Hi Mike,
Some suggestions based on our experience running multiple instances on same app/web server :
- To run multiple instances of same program, there could be several configuration changes needed to ensure each front end is properly pointed to right backend database and persistent entities and proper ports are set to avoid potential port conflicts with other applications/instances eg. email, communications etc.
- Your memory requirements /parameters would increase significantly to support them. When it is not sufficient, it will give OutOfMemoryError as it tries to put entities in persistent state from multiple instances. Try changing the parameters for configuration such as
MaxPermSize
wrapper.java.initmemory=250
wrapper.java.maxmemory=600
- You will need to check the log files to see exactly when the error happens and then identify event and issue that generated it.
Good luck.
Thanks,
Anand
Anand Tamhankar MD., MS.(Biomed Eng), MBA.
President.
GlobalMedSolutions LLC.
www.globalmedsolutions.com
Ph: 856 304 5516

Our Mission: Leverage Innovative Technology Solutions to Help Clients Deliver High Quality Patient Care and Achieve Superior Clinical and Financial Outcomes.
Anand Tamhankar wrote:
>
>
> ----- Forwarded Message ----
> From: Michael Otieno
> To: [email protected]; [email protected]
> Sent: Tue, June 15, 2010 12:54:36 AM
> Subject: [Users] PermGen Error when deploying more than 2 instances of openclinica 3.0 in Tomcat.
>
> Dear All,
>
> We have experienced the above mention error (java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space ) when deploying
> more than one instance of openclinica in Tomcat 6. I am left asking myself many questions which I urgently need
> a solution for.
>
> Is it that Tomcat cannot contain more than two openclinica instances?
> Is it a memory leak in the openclinica application which is responsible for this?
> Is there some configurations that we are not getting right with regards to our installation?
>
> Your response to these queries will be highly appreciated since we need to add a new instance but as it is, we cannot proceed.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Michael
>
>
>
This discussion has been closed.