We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

i18n issue

Hi,
The last days I am trying to make an OpenClinica 2.2.1 installation to work with European date format.
I see correctly the dates everywhere but when I am trying to add an event start date that starts later than 12th it accepts it and then the event has start date today. I was able to reproduce the problem by trying the same with the demo of 2.2.1 on OpenClinica site, in spanish. I am adding an event or changing the date of an event with a date after 12th of a month and then the date of the event is 10/04/08.
It is my fault? Is there any way I can bypass this problem?
In my installation I have tried to make it work according to the articles I found in the wiki pages, by changing the format.properties, format_en.properties, creating format_en_GB.properties and combination of the above settings.
Thank you very much.
Kostas Antypas

Comments

• Tom HickersonTom Hickerson Posts: 449
    Hi Kostas,

Can you provide the URL, and maybe a screenshot, of the particular screen where you are having this issue? I will review event creation with a different date format on my side and let you know what I find.

Regards, Tom
  • antypasantypas Posts: 5
    Hi Tom,
    Thank you for your immediate response. I am sending the screenshots I made from the demo. Exactly the same happens to my installation but instead of that date I get the today date. The URL is http://demo2.openclinica.org:8080/OpenClinica_2.2/UpdateStudyEvent in your site and occurs in spanish with dates later than 12th of any month.
    Kostas
    2008/5/11 Tom Hickerson :
    Hi Kostas,
    Can you provide the URL, and maybe a screenshot, of the particular screen where you are having this issue? I will review event creation with a different date format on my side and let you know what I find.
    Regards, Tom
    Hi Kostas,

Did try this out already in Spanish, and any date does in fact turn into 10/04/2008. Thanks for the extra information. I will log this in our bug tracker, and investigate further.

Best, Tom
    Hi Kostas,

Just to follow up on you with this issue - it is a duplicate which was not fixed in 2.2.1 but should be fixed in the final release of this version. You can see its status here: http://openclinica.org/bugtracker/view.php?id=2153. I have entered your notes into a duplicate issue so that we will test both cases when we start testing soon.

Best, Tom
  • antypasantypas Posts: 5
    Tom,
    Another i18n issue that I would like to mention is that if I use non-latin characters (ie greek) in the application or CRF, in audit log they appear as ?. Thank you for your response and for the whole OpenClinica project, it is very useful!
    Regards,
    Kostas
    2008/5/16 Tom Hickerson :
    Hi Kostas,
    Just to follow up on you with this issue - it is a duplicate which was not fixed in 2.2.1 but should be fixed in the final release of this version. You can see its status here: http://openclinica.org/bugtracker/view.php?id=2153. I have entered your notes into a duplicate issue so that we will test both cases when we start testing soon.
    Best, Tom
  • TzafigTzafig Posts: 14
    Hi,

Another i18n issue is that when I use the calendar feature, it returns the date in American format instead of the European one, and then the date doesn’t pass validation check.

Tzafi
    Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 6:19 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Developers] i18n issue

Tom,
    Another i18n issue that I would like to mention is that if I use non-latin characters (ie greek) in the application or CRF, in audit log they appear as ?. Thank you for your response and for the whole OpenClinica project, it is very useful!
    Regards,
    Kostas
    Hi Kostas,
    Best, Tom
  • Paul GalvinPaul Galvin Posts: 886
    Hi Tzafi,

Can you please specify if you are in a CRF or not when you are using the calendar feature and see this issue? Also, which language setting are you using in your web browser, and how have you configured your format.properties files?

Thanks,
    Paul

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research

www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org

~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica
    Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 3:04 AM
    Subject: RE: [Developers] i18n issue

Hi,

Another i18n issue is that when I use the calendar feature, it returns the date in American format instead of the European one, and then the date doesn’t pass validation check.

Tzafi

Tom,
    Regards,
    Kostas
    Hi Kostas,
    Best, Tom
  • TzafigTzafig Posts: 14
    Hi Paul,

Sorry to have disturbed the community, it turned out that my language setting was set to English (US). I changed it to Hebrew and it works OK now.

Thanks,
    Tzafi
    Sent: Monday, May 19, 2008 4:52 AM

Hi Tzafi,

Can you please specify if you are in a CRF or not when you are using the calendar feature and see this issue? Also, which language setting are you using in your web browser, and how have you configured your format.properties files?

Thanks,
    Paul

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research

www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org

~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica
    Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 3:04 AM

Hi,

Tzafi

Tom,
    Regards,
    Kostas
    Hi Kostas,
    Best, Tom
This discussion has been closed.