Exporting OC study data?

Greetings,
My apologies if I'm asking a stupid question. I have done a couple of OC installations now, but I have not actually used OC.
Our group is taking on maintenance of an OC 3.1.2 installation that a different group in our institution maintained. Apparently there are a couple studies on the 3.1.2 installation that people would like to test the behavior of in the 3.1.4 installation. Would anyone have any advice on how to get these two studies from the 3.1.2 installation into the 3.1.4 installation? The studies are hosted on two different systems.
Thanks for any advice that you might have.
Joan Ray
Systems Analyst
The Research Institute at Nationwide Children's Hospital
Columbus, OH

Comments

• joan_rayjoan_ray Posts: 21
    Greetings,
    My apologies if I'm asking a stupid question. I have done a couple of OC installations now, but I have not actually used OC.
    Our group is taking on maintenance of an OC 3.1.2 installation that a different group in our institution maintained. Apparently there are a couple studies on the 3.1.2 installation that people would like to test the behavior of in the 3.1.4 installation. Would anyone have any advice on how to get these two studies from the 3.1.2 installation into the 3.1.4 installation? The studies are hosted on two different systems.
    Joan Ray
    Systems Analyst
    Columbus, OH
  • tdpurnattdpurnat Posts: 126
    Perhaps someone else can give a more complete answer, but my understanding of what to do on a linux system is that you'd have to make a full copy of the Open Clinica database and study files, then move them over to new server and use them with a 314 .war.
    on 312 system:
    * make a pg_dump of the oc database your 3.1.2 instance uses
    * make a tar of this instance's study files in /usr/local/tomcat in a directory xxx.data, there xxx is name of your instance
    Then on system to host 3.1.4:
    -copy the files from originating system to here
    -download 314.war, and put it into /usr/local/tomcat/webapps with a name you want ot use for the webapp. make sure the war is owned by tomcat and group tomcat
    -create new database in postgresql, then restore the 3.1.2 database dump into this new database
    -unpack the data directory tar into /usr/local/tomcat/xxx.data, name it as you named also your webapp (.war file)
    -edit datainfo.properties to correctly link the app to database. (database name, and whatever is the user and passwrod for the postgresql user)
    -start 314 app in tomcat
    A combination of these and more comments are on Gerben Rienk's web site how-tos...
    http://www.trialdatasolutions.com/tds/howto/testoc314.jsp
    ----------
    Why are my emails so terse? emailcharter.org
    2013/9/19 Ray, Joan
    Greetings,
    Joan Ray
    Systems Analyst
    Columbus, OH
  • sookeyosookeyo Posts: 75
    hi Joan
    I think that would be done by just doing a back up on the old database data then restore the backed up data into the new database. this is done after setting up the same study in the new system and using the same E-CRFs as in the previous study. I hope this help.
    regards
  • joan_rayjoan_ray Posts: 21
    Thanks to those who were able to give suggestions!
    I think I have a direction now.
    Your help is much appreciated!
    Joan Ray
    Systems Analyst
    Columbus, OH
    Reply-To: "[email protected]"
    Date: Thursday, September 19, 2013 2:52 PM
    To: "[email protected]"
    Subject: Re: [Developers] Exporting OC study data?
    Perhaps someone else can give a more complete answer, but my understanding of what to do on a linux system is that you'd have to make a full copy of the Open Clinica database and study files, then move them over to new server and use them with a 314 .war.
    on 312 system:
    * make a tar of this instance's study files in /usr/local/tomcat in a directory xxx.data, there xxx is name of your instance
    -download 314.war, and put it into /usr/local/tomcat/webapps with a name you want ot use for the webapp. make sure the war is owned by tomcat and group tomcat
    -create new database in postgresql, then restore the 3.1.2 database dump into this new database
    -unpack the data directory tar into /usr/local/tomcat/xxx.data, name it as you named also your webapp (.war file)
    -edit datainfo.properties to correctly link the app to database. (database name, and whatever is the user and passwrod for the postgresql user)
    -start 314 app in tomcat
    A combination of these and more comments are on Gerben Rienk's web site how-tos...
    ----------
    2013/9/19 Ray, Joan
    Greetings,
    Joan Ray
    Systems Analyst
    Columbus, OH
  • infoinfo Posts: 2
    do not send me spam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 13:25:46 +0000, "Ray, Joan" wrote:
    Joan Ray
    Systems Analyst
    Columbus, OH
    on 312 system:
    -start 314 app in tomcat
    ----------
    2013/9/19 Ray, Joan
    Greetings,
    Joan Ray
    Systems Analyst
    Columbus, OH
  • rrittbergrrittberg Posts: 109 admin
    You can remove yourself from the any mailing list by accessing your "user profile" on the OpenClinica website and edit your subscription settings. We do have strong SPAM protection in place but there are occasional Emails that make their way into our forum. Let me know of any additional issues.
    Regards,
    Rob Rittberg | OpenClinica, LLC
    Communications Manager
    Direct: 781.547.8416
    [email protected] | www.openclinica.com
    On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 10:37 AM, wrote:

do not send me spam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 13:25:46 +0000, "Ray, Joan" wrote:
    Joan Ray
    Systems Analyst
    Columbus, OH
    on 312 system:
    -start 314 app in tomcat
    ----------
    2013/9/19 Ray, Joan
    Greetings,
    Joan Ray
    Systems Analyst
    Columbus, OH
  • Having issues with link, anyone help with download link for openclinica
    MCSA, eQuipNigeria, Bengoz Maternity Home, +2347038976724
    -----Original Message-----
    Sender: [email protected]
    Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 10:37:06
    To:
    Reply-To: [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.