Web Services related issues

Hi Philipp Leusmann,
In my previous email, I mentioned that not all the issues in both JIRA tickets 3411 and 3722 were addressed in the build cause I was still experiencing issues.
In realty, I was testing your changes on a build that your code was partially included. Now that I have the right build and the ws war file , I can confirm that I'm able to create a subject with WS and add a uniqueIdentifier (Person_Id) that already enrolled in a different study (3372 ticket ).
AS to the ticket 3411, that issue still exists.
1. In my study parameter, if I have the Event location set to 'Required' and I try to Schedule an event through WS, the event is scheduled even though the Location tag in my request is not included.
2. In my study parameter , if I have the Event location set to 'Not Used' and I try to Schedule an event through WS, the event is scheduled even though the Location tag in my request is included.

It looks to me , that the procedure is reversed
Please let me know if you have any questions
Thanks
Joe

Comments

• PLeusmannPLeusmann Posts: 28
    Hi Joe,
    sorry for my late reply, but I did not look into the mailing list for some time. Please feel free to send me direct mails if you have further questions.
    You are correct concerning issue 1, but it is easy to fix.
    Since my workspace currently is a little messy, it is not possible to create a patch. So please perform the change manually:
    In org.akaza.openclinica.ws.validator.StudyEventTransferValidator change line 140
    if ("true".equals(eventLocationRequiredSetting.getValue()) && ....
    to
    if ("required".equals(eventLocationRequiredSetting.getValue()) &&....
    Regarding issue 2, I don't concern setting the location an error if not used, so I leave it to OpenClinica to fix this, if considered necessary. It should be easy in the
    StudyEventTransferValidator at the location mentioned above.
    Best regards,
    Philipp Leusmann
    --
    Dipl.-Inform. Philipp Leusmann
    Biobank Manager IT, RWTH cBMB
    Institute of Pathology
    University Hospital RWTH Aachen
    Am 23.09.2013 um 02:39 schrieb Joe Keremian :
    > > Hi Philipp Leusmann,
    > >
    > > In my previous email, I mentioned that not all the issues in both JIRA tickets 3411 and 3722 were addressed in the build cause I was still experiencing issues.
    > >
    > > In realty, I was testing your changes on a build that your code was partially included. Now that I have the right build and the ws war file , I can confirm that I'm able to create a subject with WS and add a uniqueIdentifier (Person_Id) that already enrolled in a different study (3372 ticket ).
    > >
    > > AS to the ticket 3411, that issue still exists.
    > > 1. In my study parameter, if I have the Event location set to 'Required' and I try to Schedule an event through WS, the event is scheduled even though the Location tag in my request is not included.
    > >
    > > 2. In my study parameter , if I have the Event location set to 'Not Used' and I try to Schedule an event through WS, the event is scheduled even though the Location tag in my request is included.
    > >
    > > It looks to me , that the procedure is reversed
    > > Please let me know if you have any questions
    > >
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Joe
    > >
    > >
  • jkeremianjkeremian Posts: 29
    Hi Philipp Leusmann ,
    Thanks for your reply
    I'm sorry for late reply and also I don't have your email address to connect with you directly.
    I will be working on WS ticket in the next iteration (next week) and will get back to you on that.
    Meanwhile,we ran our regression suites and done some testing in regards to your previous patch(Enrolling a subject with the same person_id) , we found out that the system is allowing to enroll a subject with an existing person_id and in the SAME STUDY .This should not be validated. If you test this through web or UI, it will not allow you and will throw you a warning message.
    I will keep you posted with my findings.
    Thanks Phillip
    Joe
    On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Leusmann, Philipp wrote:
    Hi Joe,
    sorry for my late reply, but I did not look into the mailing list for some time. Please feel free to send me direct mails if you have further questions.
    You are correct concerning issue 1, but it is easy to fix.
    Since my workspace currently is a little messy, it is not possible to create a patch. So please perform the change manually:
    In org.akaza.openclinica.ws.validator.StudyEventTransferValidator change line 140
    if ("true".equals(eventLocationRequiredSetting.getValue()) && ....
    to
    if ("required".equals(eventLocationRequiredSetting.getValue()) &&....
    Regarding issue 2, I don't concern setting the location an error if not used, so I leave it to OpenClinica to fix this, if considered necessary. It should be easy in the
    StudyEventTransferValidator at the location mentioned above.
    Best regards,
    Philipp Leusmann
    --
    Dipl.-Inform. Philipp Leusmann
    Biobank Manager IT, RWTH cBMB
    Institute of Pathology
    University Hospital RWTH Aachen
    Am 23.09.2013 um 02:39 schrieb Joe Keremian :
    > Hi Philipp Leusmann,
    >
    > In my previous email, I mentioned that not all the issues in both JIRA tickets 3411 and 3722 were addressed in the build cause I was still experiencing issues.
    >
    > In realty, I was testing your changes on a build that your code was partially included. Now that I have the right build and the ws war file , I can confirm that I'm able to create a subject with WS and add a uniqueIdentifier (Person_Id) that already enrolled in a different study (3372 ticket ).
    >
    > AS to the ticket 3411, that issue still exists.
    > 1. In my study parameter, if I have the Event location set to 'Required' and I try to Schedule an event through WS, the event is scheduled even though the Location tag in my request is not included.
    >
    > 2. In my study parameter , if I have the Event location set to 'Not Used' and I try to Schedule an event through WS, the event is scheduled even though the Location tag in my request is included.
    >
    > It looks to me , that the procedure is reversed
    > Please let me know if you have any questions
    >
    >
    > Thanks
    > Joe
    >
    >
This discussion has been closed.