We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Error creating CRF Version(s)

Error creating CRF Version(s)
Hi All,
We are experiencing a problem creating updated version of any CRF in the system.
The creation of first version works smoothly however when you try to create a new version it generats errors on the last step of the process (Review SQL screen).
The error is not specific to CRF as we tried multiple CRFs and it's the same SQL syntax error messge.
Error Msg:
The following error was returned from the database: ERROR: missing FROM-clause entry for table "versioning_map" using the following query: INSERT INTO CRF_VERSION (NAME,DESCRIPTION, CRF_ID, STATUS_ID,DATE_CREATED,OWNER_ID,REVISION_NOTES) VALUES ('v1.2','Cancer Prevention Clinical Trial',4,1,NOW(),1,'Data Entered by Jun Xu on 2/28/05')
The SQL syntax in the error seems fine and I don't even see "versioning_map" table in the query. Running the SQL statement on the backend directly works and creates a new version however
I'm a bit concerned to use that workaround as it might cause some data integreity issues down the road.
If anyone else has came across the problem and have a solution please send it along.
Version Info:
OpenClinica ver 1.03 /Windows XP / Postgre 8.1/ TomCat 5.5
Thanks,
Nitesh Patel
Sr. Software Developer
OTIS/ NIAID/ SIASB
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: The information in this e-mail and any of its attachments is confidential and may contain sensitive information. It should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage devices. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases shall not accept liability for any statements made that are sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of the NIAID by one of its representatives.

Comments

• tle6tle6 Posts: 4
    We had the same problem. The problem seems to be solved by changing a field in the postgresql.conf file.
    Change...
    add_missing_from = off
    to
    add_missing_from = on
    That got rid of the error and allowed us to upload new versions.
    Tiffany Elliott
    Programmer Analyst
    Department of Psychiatry
    Yale School of Medicine
    (203) 932-5711 x 4527
    At 02:20 PM 12/18/2006, Patel, Nitesh (NIH/NIAID) [C] wrote:
    > Content-type: multipart/alternative;
    > boundary="Boundary_(ID_FAHzgdYm5LVavTaSfyb2+A)"
    > Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
    >
    > Hi All,
    >
    > We are experiencing a problem creating updated version of any CRF in the system.
    >
    > The creation of first version works smoothly however when you try to create a new version it generats errors on the last step of the process (Review SQL screen).
    >
    > The error is not specific to CRF as we tried multiple CRFs and it's the same SQL syntax error messge.
    >
    > Error Msg:
    > The following error was returned from the database: ERROR: missing FROM-clause entry for table "versioning_map" using the following query: INSERT INTO CRF_VERSION (NAME,DESCRIPTION, CRF_ID, STATUS_ID,DATE_CREATED,OWNER_ID,REVISION_NOTES) VALUES ('v1.2','Cancer Prevention Clinical Trial',4,1,NOW(),1,'Data Entered by Jun Xu on 2/28/05')
    >
    > The SQL syntax in the error seems fine and I don't even see "versioning_map" table in the query. Running the SQL statement on the backend directly works and creates a new version however
    >
    > I'm a bit concerned to use that workaround as it might cause some data integreity issues down the road.
    >
    > If anyone else has came across the problem and have a solution please send it along.
    >
    > Version Info:
    > OpenClinica ver 1.03 /Windows XP / Postgre 8.1/ TomCat 5.5
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Nitesh Patel
    > Sr. Software Developer
    > OTIS/ NIAID/ SIASB
    > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Disclaimer: The information in this e-mail and any of its attachments is confidential and may contain sensitive information. It should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage devices. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases shall not accept liability for any statements made that are sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of the NIAID by one of its representatives.
    >
  • Thanks for your prompt help. For somereason on our environment making the config change you suggested did not resolve the problem.
    I also resarted the Postgre and TomCat services after making the change.

Did anyone else ran into a similar problem?

Thanks,
    Nitesh Patel,
    Sr. Software Developer
    OTIS/ NIAID/ SIASB
    Disclaimer: The information in this e-mail and any of its attachments is confidential and may contain sensitive information. It should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage devices. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases shall not accept liability for any statements made that are sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of the NIAID by one of its representatives.

Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 2:43 PM
    To: Patel, Nitesh (NIH/NIAID) [C]; [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Users] Error creating CRF Version(s)
    Hi Nitesh,
    We had the same problem. The problem seems to be solved by changing a field in the postgresql.conf file.
    Change...
    add_missing_from = off
    to
    add_missing_from = on
    Tiffany Elliott
    Programmer Analyst
    Department of Psychiatry
    Yale School of Medicine
    (203) 932-5711 x 4527
    > Content-type: multipart/alternative;
    > boundary="Boundary_(ID_FAHzgdYm5LVavTaSfyb2+A)"
    > Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
    >
    > Hi All,
    >
    > We are experiencing a problem creating updated version of any CRF in the system.
    >
    > The creation of first version works smoothly however when you try to create a new version it generats errors on the last step of the process (Review SQL screen).
    >
    > The error is not specific to CRF as we tried multiple CRFs and it's the same SQL syntax error messge.
    >
    > Error Msg:
    > The following error was returned from the database: ERROR: missing FROM-clause entry for table "versioning_map" using the following query: INSERT INTO CRF_VERSION (NAME,DESCRIPTION, CRF_ID, STATUS_ID,DATE_CREATED,OWNER_ID,REVISION_NOTES) VALUES ('v1.2','Cancer Prevention Clinical Trial',4,1,NOW(),1,'Data Entered by Jun Xu on 2/28/05')
    >
    > The SQL syntax in the error seems fine and I don't even see "versioning_map" table in the query. Running the SQL statement on the backend directly works and creates a new version however
    >
    > I'm a bit concerned to use that workaround as it might cause some data integreity issues down the road.
    >
    > If anyone else has came across the problem and have a solution please send it along.
    >
    > Version Info:
    > OpenClinica ver 1.03 /Windows XP / Postgre 8.1/ TomCat 5.5
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Nitesh Patel
    > Sr. Software Developer
    > OTIS/ NIAID/ SIASB
    > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Disclaimer: The information in this e-mail and any of its attachments is confidential and may contain sensitive information. It should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage devices. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases shall not accept liability for any statements made that are sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of the NIAID by one of its representatives.
    >
  • If you are using the old version, there is a bug of missing from clause. So if you want to get rid of that problem, you should update to 2.0, and change the postgresql.conf will not help you.

Hailong

Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 3:43 PM
    To: Tiffany Elliott; [email protected]
    Subject: RE: [Users] Error creating CRF Version(s)

Hi Tiffany,

Thanks for your prompt help. For somereason on our environment making the config change you suggested did not resolve the problem.
    I also resarted the Postgre and TomCat services after making the change.

Did anyone else ran into a similar problem?

Thanks,
    Nitesh Patel,
    Sr. Software Developer
    OTIS/ NIAID/ SIASB

Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 2:43 PM
    To: Patel, Nitesh (NIH/NIAID) [C]; [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Users] Error creating CRF Version(s)
    Hi Nitesh,
    Change...
    add_missing_from = off
    to
    add_missing_from = on
    Tiffany Elliott
    Programmer Analyst
    Department of Psychiatry
    Yale School of Medicine
    (203) 932-5711 x 4527
    Content-type: multipart/alternative;
    boundary="Boundary_(ID_FAHzgdYm5LVavTaSfyb2+A)"
    Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
    Hi All,
    We are experiencing a problem creating updated version of any CRF in the system.
    The creation of first version works smoothly however when you try to create a new version it generats errors on the last step of the process (Review SQL screen).
    The error is not specific to CRF as we tried multiple CRFs and it's the same SQL syntax error messge.
    Error Msg:
    The following error was returned from the database: ERROR: missing FROM-clause entry for table "versioning_map" using the following query: INSERT INTO CRF_VERSION (NAME,DESCRIPTION, CRF_ID, STATUS_ID,DATE_CREATED,OWNER_ID,REVISION_NOTES) VALUES ('v1.2','Cancer Prevention Clinical Trial',4,1,NOW(),1,'Data Entered by Jun Xu on 2/28/05')
    The SQL syntax in the error seems fine and I don't even see "versioning_map" table in the query. Running the SQL statement on the backend directly works and creates a new version however
    I'm a bit concerned to use that workaround as it might cause some data integreity issues down the road.
    If anyone else has came across the problem and have a solution please send it along.
    Version Info:
    OpenClinica ver 1.03 /Windows XP / Postgre 8.1/ TomCat 5.5
    Thanks,
    Nitesh Patel
    Sr. Software Developer
    OTIS/ NIAID/ SIASB
  • Jun XuJun Xu Posts: 20
    Hi Nitesh,
    Hailong is right. The bug is fixed in the latest OpenClinica 2.0. Please download the latest version if you can, and let the Akaza developers know if you need help on installation/configuraton of OpenClinica 2.0.
    Thanks,
    Jun
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Mon 12/18/2006 3:56 PM
    To: Patel, Nitesh (NIH/NIAID) [C]; Tiffany Elliott; [email protected]
    Hi Nitesh,
    If you are using the old version, there is a bug of missing from clause. So if you want to get rid of that problem, you should update to 2.0, and change the postgresql.conf will not help you.
    Hailong
  • Thanks Jun and Hailong for your help.

Jun, Actually we first tried configuring OpenClinica 2.0 but could never get it to work beyond the initial login screen. I had posted the issue with error msg about it a couple of days back and had send my log files to Akaza.
    As it stands now we have OpenClinica 1.1 installed and configured and would like to continue using it.

Is there a know patch/ code change that I can make on my current version of OpenClinica to resolve the issue?
    It would be big help if you can help resolve the bug in the current version and I can compile the updated code for our environment.

Thanks,
    Nitesh Patel
    Sr. Software Developer
    OTIS/ NIAID/ SIASB

From: Jun Xu akazaresearch.com [mailto:[email protected]]
    Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 4:32 PM
    To: Wang, Hailong (NIH/CIT) [C]; Patel, Nitesh (NIH/NIAID) [C]; Tiffany Elliott; [email protected]
    Hi Nitesh,
    Hailong is right. The bug is fixed in the latest OpenClinica 2.0. Please download the latest version if you can, and let the Akaza developers know if you need help on installation/configuraton of OpenClinica 2.0.
    Thanks,
    Jun
    Hi Nitesh,
    If you are using the old version, there is a bug of missing from clause. So if you want to get rid of that problem, you should update to 2.0, and change the postgresql.conf will not help you.
    Hailong
  • Hi Jun,

I think you can send Nitesh the class file of SpreadSheetTable.class and let Nitesh to replace the existed SpreadSheetTable.class file. I think that will work.

Hailong

Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 4:40 PM
    To: 'Jun Xu akazaresearch.com'; Wang, Hailong (NIH/CIT) [C]; [email protected]

Thanks Jun and Hailong for your help.

Jun, Actually we first tried configuring OpenClinica 2.0 but could never get it to work beyond the initial login screen. I had posted the issue with error msg about it a couple of days back and had send my log files to Akaza.
    As it stands now we have OpenClinica 1.1 installed and configured and would like to continue using it.

Is there a know patch/ code change that I can make on my current version of OpenClinica to resolve the issue?
    It would be big help if you can help resolve the bug in the current version and I can compile the updated code for our environment.

Thanks,
    Nitesh Patel
    Sr. Software Developer
    OTIS/ NIAID/ SIASB

To: Wang, Hailong (NIH/CIT) [C]; Patel, Nitesh (NIH/NIAID) [C]; Tiffany Elliott; [email protected]
    Hi Nitesh,
    Thanks,
    Jun
    Hi Nitesh,
    Hailong
  • Thanks Hailong,

Jun,

I have the SpreadSheetTable.java source file from OpenClinica 2.0 source. Is this the only file for the bug? If so can you give me some instructions on recompileining the package.
    I believe you only have one jar file in your lib directory. OpenClinica.jar

If you have some quick instructions to correctly recompile and recreate the OpenClinica.jar that would be a big help.

Thanks,
    Nitesh Patel
    Sr. Software Developer
    OTIS/ NIAID/ SIASB

Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 4:48 PM
    To: Patel, Nitesh (NIH/NIAID) [C]; 'Jun Xu akazaresearch.com'; '[email protected]'
    Hi Jun,

I think you can send Nitesh the class file of SpreadSheetTable.class and let Nitesh to replace the existed SpreadSheetTable.class file. I think that will work.

Hailong

Thanks,
    Nitesh Patel
    Sr. Software Developer
    OTIS/ NIAID/ SIASB

Hi Nitesh,
    Thanks,
    Jun
    Hi Nitesh,
    Hailong
  • Hi, Nitesh,

We have a patch for 1.1 that addresses these issues which is undergoing testing. We will make it available soon.

We also has patch 2.0.1 to address these issues. It is undergoing testing and packaging. The scheduled release date for this patch is Jan 6th.

Thanks,

Yufang
    Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 4:48 PM
    To: Patel, Nitesh (NIH/NIAID) [C]; Jun Xu akazaresearch.com; [email protected]

Hi Jun,

Hailong

Thanks,
    Nitesh Patel
    Sr. Software Developer
    OTIS/ NIAID/ SIASB

Hi Nitesh,
    Thanks,
    Jun
    Hi Nitesh,
    Hailong
This discussion has been closed.