We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Extract Data & Export

Hi,

Can someone please show me how “Extract Data“ works? So far, I have not been successful in Data Export from my Default Study.

I have consulted OpenClinica manual at: http://www.openclinica.org/OpenClinica/2.0/doc/3_2_createDataset_Help.html without any hint on what I may be doing wrong.

All I get as exported file (if viewed as HTML) is one row of information without associated data. The other options (Tab-delimited Text … CDISC) do not show associated data either.

Kind Regards

Retina Implant AG
Anuschirawan Hekmat, Ph.D. | VP Quality Management & Regulatory Affairs
Gerhard-Kindler-Strasse 8
D-72770 Reutlingen | Germany

Comments

• brtubrtu Posts: 5
    Hi.....
    Anusch Hekmat,
    please try that method
    This section allows you to view or download the data in your study based on a dataset design you have created and saved. You are presented with a graphical model as well as written instructions detailing the five steps that need to be taken in order to complete the entire process. Please click the Proceed to Create Dataset button to begin the process.
    You can access your dataset in one of the 4 currently available formats - HTML, tab-delimited text, comma-delimited text, or SPSS format.
    Data may be viewed online in HTML format. Study Events and CRF for each event that you selected when designing the dataset are shown in the left side information panel. You can click on column headers to see the complete "metadata", (i.e. the properties) of that particular variable.
    Regards
    Rocky
    On 10/31/07, Anusch Hekmat wrote:
    Hi,

Can someone please show me how "Extract Data" works? So far, I have not been successful in Data Export from my Default Study.

I have consulted OpenClinica manual at: http://www.openclinica.org/OpenClinica/2.0/doc/3_2_createDataset_Help.html without any hint on what I may be doing wrong.

All I get as exported file (if viewed as HTML) is one row of information without associated data. The other options (Tab-delimited Text … CDISC) do not show associated data either.

Kind Regards

Retina Implant AG
  • Hello Anusch,

Before any data can be extracted from OpenClinica you will need to run the pg_data_warehouse.sql in Postgres. The sql is located in the OpenClinica-2.0.1/conf folder. This will create a table in the database called test_table_three. Once the table is created, data can be extracted.

Please let us know if you are still unable to get any data out once the sql is run.

Thanks,
    Paul
    Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 10:12 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: AW: [Users] Extract Data & Export

Hi Rocky,

After having checked all info as shown on: 3.5 Export Datasets Help
    I still keep getting no Patient, nor Study event data.
    I can select the CRF, select items of the CRF, define Event Attributes (Event Location, Start & End Date), and define Subject Attributes (Date of Birth, Gender), but two questions remain:

1. How do I pick the specific patient?
    2. Why is there a 0 next to Study Event Definitions, although I did specify this aspect?

An example of data export is shown below:

Database Export Header Metadata
    Dataset Name Test_12
    Date 10/31/2007
    Protocol ID default-study
    Study Name Default Study
    Subjects 0
    Study Event Definitions 0
    Subject Event Item Values (Item-CRF-Ordinal)
    SubjID ProtocolID DOB Gender

Kind Regards

Retina Implant AG

Von: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Rockus Kahanda
    Gesendet: Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2007 12:47
    An: [email protected]
    Betreff: Re: [Users] Extract Data & Export

Hi.....
    Anusch Hekmat,
    please try that method
    This section allows you to view or download the data in your study based on a dataset design you have created and saved. You are presented with a graphical model as well as written instructions detailing the five steps that need to be taken in order to complete the entire process. Please click the Proceed to Create Dataset button to begin the process.
    You can access your dataset in one of the 4 currently available formats - HTML, tab-delimited text, comma-delimited text, or SPSS format.
    Data may be viewed online in HTML format. Study Events and CRF for each event that you selected when designing the dataset are shown in the left side information panel. You can click on column headers to see the complete "metadata", (i.e. the properties) of that particular variable.

Regards
    Rocky
    On 10/31/07, Anusch Hekmat wrote:
    Hi,

Can someone please show me how "Extract Data" works? So far, I have not been successful in Data Export from my Default Study.

Kind Regards

Retina Implant AG
This discussion has been closed.