We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

HA: [Users] Blank screen upon sign in... already read the wiki.

Hi Paul,

If OpenClinica.xml has all the correct settings for your database already, then maybe you can double check your database to make sure connections are getting through to it.

1. Can you run pgAdmin and log into the database independently of Tomcat?
2. Can you review the user_account table and make sure the 'root' user exists?

Also, keep in mind that we issue the OpenClinica.xml file that works with Tomcat 5.5, there may be changes you have to make to accommodate Tomcat 6.

Let us know if that helps, Best, Tom

Comments

• pschwarzpschwarz Posts: 49
    Hi Tom,
    Thanks for the reply, if I access the database independently of Tomcat by opening pgAdmin and using its interface:
    YES - 68 tables exist
    and
    YES - root is currently the only user in the user_account table
    When I run the OpenClinica app hosted in Tomcat the sign in works but I end up with the blank screen. What should I look out for in the OpenClinica.xml file if I am to continue with Tomcat 6? Can one machine have Tomcat 5.5 and Tomcat 6 installed? (I already have other projects sitting in Tomcat 6)
    Thanks
    Paul
    2008/5/26 Tom Hickerson :
    Hi Paul,
    If OpenClinica.xml has all the correct settings for your database already, then maybe you can double check your database to make sure connections are getting through to it.
    1. Can you run pgAdmin and log into the database independently of Tomcat?
    2. Can you review the user_account table and make sure the 'root' user exists?
    Also, keep in mind that we issue the OpenClinica.xml file that works with Tomcat 5.5, there may be changes you have to make to accommodate Tomcat 6.
    Let us know if that helps, Best, Tom
This discussion has been closed.