We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Antwort: RE: Antwort: AW: [Users] Problem with item names creating anewverion ofeCRF

Hi Judith,
See below for a few other possible ideas to help you can address your CRF problems, and if you can share the spreadsheets we'll take a look.
Best,
Cal
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 1:29 PM
To: Cal Collins akazaresearch.com
Subject: RE: Antwort: RE: Antwort: AW: [Users] Problem with item names creating anewverion ofeCRF
Hi Cal,

There are some other items which will cause a Warning to appear (the warnings appear just as the errors do which may be confusing), such as units, however the user can choose to override this but it. Often times (as you know) it is something small that has been overlooked in the spreadsheet. The easiest way for me to assess what the issue is, would be to look at the spreadsheets. Something else I would try would be to 1. Log out and back in, 2. Close and reopen the browser – to make sure nothing is cached.

Best,

Alicia

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Alicia Goodwin
Client Services Representative
Akaza Research
400 One Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA 02139
tel: 617.621.8585 ext. 24
[email protected]

Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 1:13 PM
To: Alicia Goodwin
Subject: FW: Antwort: RE: Antwort: AW: [Users] Problem with item names creating anewverion ofeCRF

Alicia, any insight into this problem?
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 5:49 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Antwort: RE: Antwort: AW: [Users] Problem with item names creating anewverion ofeCRF
Hi Cal,
I really change nothing in the respective row of the excel sheet.
I used the old excel sheet, changed the left item text for another item and saved the excel sheet as a new version.
Properties from Version 1.2
Item name: date_signat
Response type: text
Response label: date
Date type: data
I just could upload Version 1.3 by changing the item name.
Properties Version 1.3
Item name: date_signature
Response type: text
Response label: date
Date type: data
And this happens quite a lot. Also for other items in the same CRF. When I change the item name for one. The next time Im going to upload the excel sheet I happens to another item. For an excel sheet with 70 items 4 to 5 times.
Judith
pharmtrace - imaging therapy
Dr. rer. nat. Judith Jaehnchen
Medical Sciences - Pharmtrace GmbH
Friedrichstr. 94, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49 30 2096 4025, Fax: +49 30 2096 4029
"Cal Collins akazaresearch.com"
Gesendet von: [email protected]
23.07.2008 17:21
Bitte antworten an
[email protected]

An

Kopie

Thema

RE: Antwort: AW: [Users] Problem with item names creating a newverion ofeCRF

Judith,

OpenClinica allows you to reuse item names across versions of a CRF, however the system limits your ability to modify certain properties of the item in the new version. For instance, you cannot change the data type of an item (if it is a string in the initial version it must be a string in subsequent versions), and you are limited in how you can change the response set. You can change the question text and other descriptive/layout metadata from version to version.

Based on the screenshot you sent OpenClinica thinks you are trying to change the response options for the field. You said you did not make any changes to the field, but you may want to check that the RESPONSE_TYPE, RESPONSE_LABEL, RESPONSE_OPTIONS_TEXT, and REPONSE_VALUES fields are exactly the same as in the original version. It could be just a typo or errant character in one of these fields.

Cal
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:01 AM
Subject: RE: Antwort: AW: [Users] Problem with item names creating a newverion ofeCRF
Hi Judith,

I would suggest having two installations of OpenClinica; one for testing purposes and one for production. This would allow you to make all of the edits and changes in the test instance and take the final product and put it into production.

In the meantime, if you would like to use the same item names, you simply need to create a new CRF. If you want to keep the CRF name the same, edit the old CRF name and then create a new CRF with the same name and ITEM_NAME as you had originally.

Best Regards,

Alicia

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Alicia Goodwin
Client Services Representative
Akaza Research
400 One Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA 02139
tel: 617.621.8585 ext. 24
[email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:38 AM
Subject: Antwort: AW: [Users] Problem with item names creating a new verion ofeCRF

Hi Anusch,
Thanks for your answer.
I know that I can rename the item and I did it sucessfully.
But I don´t want to rename it. Because we want to compile a data (name) dictonary and there should be just one name for one item.
Judith
"Anusch Hekmat"
Gesendet von: [email protected]
23.07.2008 13:28

Bitte antworten an
[email protected]

An

Kopie

Thema

AW: [Users] Problem with item names creating a new verion of eCRF

Hi Judith,

You can rename your item “date_signat” as “date_sign” (for example), save your CRF and then upload again – successfully.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind Regards
Anusch

Retina Implant AG
Anuschirawan HEKMAT, Ph.D. | VP Quality Management & Regulatory Affairs

Von: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von [email protected]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 23. Juli 2008 12:18
An: [email protected]
Betreff: [Users] Problem with item names creating a new verion of eCRF

Sorry here comes the missing error messages:
What I wonder about: I did not change anything in this row of the excel sheet. And I can just upload the new version by chnaging the item name. But that I dont want, because we want to habe a data dictionary.
Does anyone knows this problem?
Thanks.
Judith
This discussion has been closed.