We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Date formats

Hi,
Is it possible to customize formats for dates, mainly for data entry.
When I define a date variable, US format (MM/DD/YYYY) is used. I would like to use european format (DD/MM/YYYY) mostly used with my protocols . Is it possible ?
Thank You for your help
Best regards
--

Comments

• Hi,

As I know you can customize from your web browser settings.

Jozsef
    Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 2:16 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Date formats

Hi,
    Is it possible to customize formats for dates, mainly for data entry.
    When I define a date variable, US format (MM/DD/YYYY) is used. I would like to use european format (DD/MM/YYYY) mostly used with my protocols . Is it possible ?
    Thank You for your help
    Best regards
    --
  • Hi All,

A slight caveat with that: true, you can change browser settings and the dates will change format as long as the proper properties files are in place in the system. Currently we release with US English and Spanish formats, so if your browser is set to 'es' as the language, for example, the format will be in DD/MM/YYYY.

Looking at the snapshot for the newest release, I see that French and Italian are also included in the properties files, so any browser setting for 'fr', 'it', or the British or Canadian formats should resolve that date format. Let us know if you have problems testing this out on your own.

Best, Tom
  • sookeyosookeyo Posts: 75
    hi all
    is there a way OC fields can be set so as to accept dates with only month and year (format MMM-YYYY) e.g. Aug-2013. like for cases where dates are not necessarily required??
    regards
  • In the OC Spreadsheet set your date to PDATE this allows for partial dates

Jon Cresswell
    Senior Data Manager
    Department of Molecular and Clinical Pharmacology
    Institute of Translational Medicine University of Liverpool
    Block A: Waterhouse Buildings
    1-5 Brownlow Street
    Liverpool
    L69 3GL
    Tel: (+44) 151 795 5389
    Sent: 03 October 2013 07:51
    To: [email protected]; [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Users] DATE FORMATS

hi all
    is there a way OC fields can be set so as to accept dates with only month and year (format MMM-YYYY) e.g. Aug-2013. like for cases where dates are not necessarily required??
    regards
  • lindsay.stevenslindsay.stevens Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    Hi Seth, you can do this with a partial date item, or you could use a string item with regex to enforce the format, or two numeric items each for the month and year, or maybe something fancy with js/jquery. Best regards, Lindsay.
    On Oct 3, 2013 4:54 PM, "Seth Okeyo" wrote:
    hi all
    regards
  • mhannahmhannah Posts: 11
    Seth

Here we use Lindsays’s regexp method because, although OC’s PDATE format is nice for data entry, we’ve experience problems when importing extracts into SAS – our statistician prefers a string.

Best wishes, Michael

Michael Hannah
    Trial Database Manager
    Tayside Medical Science Centre
    Residency Block
    Level 3
    Ninewells Hospital & Medical School
    Dundee
    DD1 9SY

Phone: 01382 383954
    Sent: 03 October 2013 08:16

Hi Seth, you can do this with a partial date item, or you could use a string item with regex to enforce the format, or two numeric items each for the month and year, or maybe something fancy with js/jquery. Best regards, Lindsay.
    hi all
    regards
  • leandroamparoleandroamparo Posts: 15
    hello all,
    i would suggest you use two numeric fields, one for the month and the other for the year.
    regards
    On 3 October 2013 05:28, Michael Hannah wrote:
    Seth

Here we use Lindsays’s regexp method because, although OC’s PDATE format is nice for data entry, we’ve experience problems when importing extracts into SAS – our statistician prefers a string.

Best wishes, Michael

Michael Hannah
    Trial Database Manager
    Tayside Medical Science Centre
    Residency Block
    Level 3
    Ninewells Hospital & Medical School
    Dundee
    DD1 9SY

Phone: 01382 383954
    Sent: 03 October 2013 08:16

hi all
    regards
This discussion has been closed.