We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Which free OS for OC?

I got 2.2 running with no problems on a RedHat Enterprise VM appliance, and now want to set up 2.5 on an actual server to play around with. My choices are CentOS 5.x, FreeBSD 6.x, or Fedora C8. Looks like I’ll have to install Postgres and Tomcat myself on the box. Any advice on which OS to choose?

Thanks!
Derek

Comments

• Hi Derek,

We have done installs of CentOS and Fedora before without any problems, so we would definitely recommend using one of those. Let us know if you have any specific questions about the install for one of those two and we can assist you further.

Best, Tom
    Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 12:20 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Which free OS for OC?

I got 2.2 running with no problems on a RedHat Enterprise VM appliance, and now want to set up 2.5 on an actual server to play around with. My choices are CentOS 5.x, FreeBSD 6.x, or Fedora C8. Looks like I’ll have to install Postgres and Tomcat myself on the box. Any advice on which OS to choose?

Thanks!
    Derek
This discussion has been closed.