reg: CRF item formatting

hi
I have a CRF item which requires a split up field. like
for eg; AE sequence number having a field of 6 text boxes each of 2 characters.
Also i have some fields which are to be hidden and activated on specific conditions. how to validate?
anyone pls suggest.Thanks in advance

Sandhya Anand
CRC,SMO India Ltd;
Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Comments

• Am not aware of any split up field option in OC, though the template is designed in MS Excel. Hope other users or the dev. Team of OC will confirm/clear this.

As far as hidden fields are concerned, it’s not been enabled in OC as for now and the dev. Team is working on it and also looking for suggestions from users. Please find attached the mail conversation the mod had with some users enquiring about hidden fields in OC.

And for validation, if you are talking about validating fields (labels) in OC, then you have that option in CRF design itself. If validation for hidden fields, then I afraid that option is not available out of the box, may be some around steps like writing ‘Rules’ would suffice.

Cheers and regards
    Vijay
    Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 1:43 PM
    To: openclinica
    Subject: [Users] reg: CRF item formatting

hi
    I have a CRF item which requires a split up field. like
    for eg; AE sequence number having a field of 6 text boxes each of 2 characters.
    Also i have some fields which are to be hidden and activated on specific conditions. how to validate?
    anyone pls suggest.Thanks in advance

Sandhya Anand
    CRC,SMO India Ltd;

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.
    ForwardedMessage.eml
    Hi Hevoila and Joshua,

I wanted to take a moment and answer both of your questions.

For Joshua’s question, this would be more of a Skip Pattern feature which is not part of OpenClinica yet. A work around is to specify a rule which alerts the data entry person to the fact they entered data that should be left blank, and the value should not be provided. Hopefully Alicia’s email can help you out with some ideas.

For Hevoila’s question, which I think is different from Joshua’s but let me know if I am wrong, there isn’t a way to implement a hidden field in OpenClinica out of the box. I do not know if other users have found a way to do it yet.

We are in the process of implementing hidden fields in the CRF by defining them in the CRF template. As we gather requirements, I would like to ask everyone on the list their opinions on how the hidden field should be interpreted.

Should the hidden field be hidden at all times in the CRF? That means no user can see the field when entering data, or viewing a CRF. The data for that field could only be imported and exported, and there would be no way to manually key in the data or edit the information.
    Should the hidden field only be hidden from certain types of users i.e. Clinical Research Coordinators and Data Entry People, while other users can see it and edit the information?

The implementation of hidden fields will be tied to a new Coding feature in OpenClinica, but the hidden fields could be used for different purposes. I can provide more information on the Coding feature as we gather more requirements and decide on the implementation strategy.

Thanks,
    Paul
    Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 10:20 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: RE: [Developers] (no subject)

Hello,

OpenClinica does not currently support hidden fields; however, you can write cross-field validations to ensure that if normal is selected, that no data is entered in a comments field and vice versa- if abnormal is selected, comments are required.

For documentation and sample rules files, please see: http://www.openclinica.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=developerwiki:roadmap#milestone_4_garnet .

Best Regards,

Alicia

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Alicia Goodwin
    Akaza Research
    400 One Kendall Square
    Cambridge, MA 02139
    tel: 617.621.8585 ext. 24
    [email protected]
    Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 6:32 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Developers] (no subject)

Hevoila,
    I too, am interested in the response to this question. Also setting the field inactive, such as "If 'body sytem' is normal, inactivate the 'Explain' field, else activate if abnormal"
    Joshua
    On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:33:37 +0100, hevoila wrote
    > Hello,
    >
    > Can we hidde a field in Open Clinica?
    > Like this html code :
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Hevoila.