We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

import Data

Hi there,
i woul like to know how to make imporation CRF data.

Comments

• Hi Zoman,

Please go to http://www.openclinica.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=ocfeatures:openclinica2.5 for information on how to import data into Event CRFs.

The first requirement is the event must be scheduled before data can be imported but you can see the other requirements as well as some samples on our wiki page.

Thanks,
    Paul
    Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 11:53 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] import Data

Hi there,
    i woul like to know how to make imporation CRF data.
  • AlaaAlaa Posts: 5
    Hi,
    i have an xls document and need to import it, i convert it to xml and try to upload it to the study but this error message was disolayed: your xml is not well-formed, and does not comply with the ODM 1.3 Schema

Regards,,,
    Alaa Alarfaj
    Research health informatics analyst
    Bioinformatics and Database Section
    King Abdullah International Medical Research Center
    This Email and any files transmitted may contain confidential and/or privileged information and is intended solely for the addressee(s) named. If you have received this information in error, or are being posted by accident, please notify the sender by return Email, do not redistribute this email message, delete it immediately and keep no copies of it. All opinions and/or views expressed in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of NGHA. Any purchase order, purchase advice or legal commitment is only valid once backed by the signed hardcopy by the authorized person from NGHA.
  • Hi Alaa Alarfaj,

Keep in mind that OpenClinica won't take just any old XML, you'll need to put it in ODM (Operational Data Model) format, a sample of which can be found here on the wiki:

https://wiki.openclinica.com/doku.php?id=developerwiki:completedmilestones#milestone_4_garnet

More about ODM can be found here:

http://www.cdisc.org/odm

Hope that helps, Tom

Tom Hickerson | Senior Tier-2 Engineer
    [email protected]
    www.openclinica.com
    Open Source Platform for Clinical Research
    Hi Tom,
    I have an external data in Excel sheet and study with no data in it. I try to import these data to the study. I already collect the OID’s and all subjects are created. Now I convert the excel sheet to XML, but the problem is how can I convert XML to ODM or how to convert excel to ODM directly?

Thank you,
    Sent: Monday, October 03, 2011 10:55 AM
    Subject: Re: [Developers] import data

Hi Alaa Alarfaj,

Keep in mind that OpenClinica won't take just any old XML, you'll need to put it in ODM (Operational Data Model) format, a sample of which can be found here on the wiki:

https://wiki.openclinica.com/doku.php?id=developerwiki:completedmilestones#milestone_4_garnet

More about ODM can be found here:

http://www.cdisc.org/odm

Hope that helps, Tom

Tom Hickerson | Senior Tier-2 Engineer
    [email protected]
    www.openclinica.com
    Open Source Platform for Clinical Research
    Sent: Fri 9/30/2011 16:50
    Subject: [Developers] import data
    Hi,
    i have an xls document and need to import it, i convert it to xml and try to upload it to the study but this error message was disolayed: your xml is not well-formed, and does not comply with the ODM 1.3 Schema

Regards,,,
    Alaa Alarfaj
    Research health informatics analyst
    Bioinformatics and Database Section
    King Abdullah International Medical Research Center

This Email and any files transmitted may contain confidential and/or privileged information and is intended solely for the addressee(s) named. If you have received this information in error, or are being posted by accident, please notify the sender by return Email, do not redistribute this email message, delete it immediately and keep no copies of it. All opinions and/or views expressed in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of NGHA. Any purchase order, purchase advice or legal commitment is only valid once backed by the signed hardcopy by the authorized person from NGHA.
    Hi everyone,

I have an external data in Excel sheet and study with no data in it. I try to import these data to the study. I already collect the OID’s and all subjects are created. Now I convert the excel sheet to XML, but the problem is how can I convert XML to ODM or how to convert excel to ODM directly?

Thank you,

• bcp075bcp075 Posts: 37
    Hello!!

What are the easiest way to import data from one study to another study with the same CRF?

Regards,
    Tony
  • Ric_SimRic_Sim Posts: 310
    Hi all,
    Im trying to import some data to OC, does anyone have an example of an import xml?
    Thanks
    Ricardo Simões
  • Ric_SimRic_Sim Posts: 310
    Hi all,
    Im trying to import some data to OC, does anyone have an example of an import xml?
    Thanks
    Ricardo Simões
  • Hello Ricardo,

I attached to this email an XML file I have imported into the system last week.
    I had some problems with it too, but once I have divided the XML file – one for each site and imported the data separately for each site everything worked smoothly.

Good-Luck,

Liora Bosch - Hommfor
    Clinical Data Manager
    A. Stein - Regulatory Affairs Consulting
    Beit Hapaamon (Suite 102)
    20 HaTaas Str. (P.O.B. 124)
    Kfar Saba 44425 ISRAEL
    Tel: +972-9-7670117
    Fax: +972-9-7668534
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:32 PM
    To: [email protected]; [email protected]
    Subject: [Developers] import data

Hi all,
    Thanks
    Ricardo Simões
    Attachments:
    JB odm1.3_clinical_ext_DTMS_Tx_dataset_14-Nov-2012_2012-11-14-152303400.xml 13.9 KB
  • jamuna269jamuna269 Posts: 109
    Hi Ricardo,
    Here is the sample of importData.xml.
    Thanks
    Jamuna
    On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 7:32 AM, Ricardo Simões wrote:
    Hi all,
    Thanks
    Ricardo Simões
This discussion has been closed.