CRF info seems stuck

I've tried creating a CRF that collects Concomitant Meds (lets call it CRF "X"). As I tried tweaking the view of the form "X" several times before submitting it I came across the error I've attached. Now everytime I try to create "X" I get the error.

Even stranger still, when I try to create a different CRF (lets call it CRF "Y") and then go back and try to create form "X", it's still showing information about "Y".

Somehow it seems like the CRF information is stuck (for lack of a better word) somewhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike
Clip_030.gif
Attachments:
Clip_030.gif 10.5 KB

Comments

• mrcoffeemrcoffee Posts: 2
    I'm using OC verstion 2.5.2. I have the same problem today with the same error message you attached (OpenClinica: An error has occurred). In addition, I tried to upload a different version of an excel CRF and received this message:
    Check CRF Version Data
    There were several invalid fields in your spreadsheet. Please take a look at the data below,
    click to go back and upload your corrected speadsheet for the CRF.
    This CRF name has already been used. Either change the name of this CRF, or go back and create a new version for the CRF.
    I've changed both filename and CRF_NAME in the CRF tab and I've changed the version number under VERSION - did not correct the problem. OC does not recognize that I have a different filename and version number. I also tried logging out, clearing my cache, closing browser with no luck. Any thoughts?
    Scott
  • Paul GalvinPaul Galvin Posts: 886
    Hi Scott,
    What you described is a bug in 2.5.2 that was resolved in 2.5.3. The only way around it in 2.5.2 is to restart Tomcat.

Mike, which version of OpenClinica are you using?

Thanks,
    Paul

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    617-621-8585 x25
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    ~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica
    Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 7:30 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Users] CRF info seems stuck

I'm using OC verstion 2.5.2. I have the same problem today with the same error message you attached (OpenClinica: An error has occurred). In addition, I tried to upload a different version of an excel CRF and received this message:
    Check CRF Version Data
    There were several invalid fields in your spreadsheet. Please take a look at the data below,
    This CRF name has already been used. Either change the name of this CRF, or go back and create a new version for the CRF.
    I've changed both filename and CRF_NAME in the CRF tab and I've changed the version number under VERSION - did not correct the problem. OC does not recognize that I have a different filename and version number. I also tried logging out, clearing my cache, closing browser with no luck. Any thoughts?
    Scott
  • gannet26gannet26 Posts: 29
    The version I'm using is 2.5.3.

Thanks,
    Mike
    >>> On 6/26/2009 at 9:21 AM, in message <[email protected]>, "Paul Galvin" wrote:
    Hi Scott,
    What you described is a bug in 2.5.2 that was resolved in 2.5.3. The only way around it in 2.5.2 is to restart Tomcat.

Mike, which version of OpenClinica are you using?

Thanks,
    Paul

Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    617-621-8585 x25
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    ~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica
    Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 7:30 PM
    Subject: Re: [Users] CRF info seems stuck

Check CRF Version Data
    Scott
  • mrcoffeemrcoffee Posts: 2
    Hi Paul,
    Thanks for your help. Your suggestion seemed to have worked; however, I still have the same experience that Mike described earlier that resulted in an error (OpenClinica: An error has occurred).
    ?,
    Scott
  • Paul GalvinPaul Galvin Posts: 886
    Hi Scott and Mike,

Please email me your CRFs and Log files offline so we can take a look at what could be causing the issue. The fact you are receiving the OpenClinica error page points to a problem with the items in the CRF themselves.

Thanks,
    Paul

Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    617-621-8585 x25
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 7:30 PM
    Subject: Re: RE: [Users] CRF info seems stuck

Hi Paul,
    Thanks for your help. Your suggestion seemed to have worked; however, I still have the same experience that Mike described earlier that resulted in an error (OpenClinica: An error has occurred).
    ?,
    Scott
  • gannet26gannet26 Posts: 29
    Hi Paul and Scott,

Ok, I found out what was causing the issue. The problem was an image file pasted into the excel file. I have no idea when I did this but it was off to the right of the SECTION tab past the field columns where there shouldn't be anything. Once I removed the image it worked fine. This is probably not what is happening with Scott but I thought I'd give an update.

Mike
    >>> On 6/27/2009 at 11:08 AM, in message <[email protected]>, "Paul Galvin" wrote:
    Hi Scott and Mike,

Please email me your CRFs and Log files offline so we can take a look at what could be causing the issue. The fact you are receiving the OpenClinica error page points to a problem with the items in the CRF themselves.

Thanks,
    Paul

Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    617-621-8585 x25
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 7:30 PM
    Subject: Re: RE: [Users] CRF info seems stuck

Hi Paul,
    ?,
    Scott
This discussion has been closed.