We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Has anyone attempted the ""import"" of subject IDs?

I know I asked this about six months ago but it is now a serious issue:
Has anyone attempted the import of the basic subject identifier information necessary to create the subject records keys that would allow the mass importation of study data.
We have an approximately 10000 subject study that we need to retrospectively move into OpenClinica. I need to find a reasonable way to get in Study Subject ID, Person ID, DOB, Gender and Enrollment Date. Has anyone done this?
Perry T. Shipman
[cid:[email protected]]
Programmer Analyst
UCSD GCRC/PBM
Voice: (619) 543.2504
Mobile (619) 861.3035
FAX : (619) 543.7519
email: [email protected]
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message is legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any release, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the author immediately by replying to this message and delete the original message.
Thank you.
Attachments:
winmail.dat 50.7 KB

Comments

• OpenClinica 3.0 has a subject insert web service that allows you to do exactly that. If you or someone on your team can write a client connecting to that web service you can easily insert a large number of existing subjects.
    Mark Scully

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Shipman, Perry wrote:
    I know I asked this about six months ago but it is now a serious issue:
    Has anyone attempted the import of the basic subject identifier information necessary to create the subject records keys that would allow the mass importation of study data.
    We have an approximately 10000 subject study that we need to retrospectively move into OpenClinica. I need to find a reasonable way to get in Study Subject ID, Person ID, DOB, Gender and Enrollment Date. Has anyone done this?
    Perry T. Shipman
    [cid:[email protected]]
    Programmer Analyst
    UCSD GCRC/PBM
    Mobile (619) 861.3035
    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message is legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any release, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the author immediately by replying to this message and delete the original message.
    Thank you.
  • In looking at 2.5 … it appears that on an initial add, the only tables hit are the study_subject and subject tables … am I missing a table or could I do a direct insert into these two (presuming I controlled OC for any other inserts at the time to control the OC_ODI generation)

???
  • Have you seen this discussion on the developers list about direct insertion of subjects?
    Mark Scully
    On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Shipman, Perry wrote:
    In looking at 2.5 … it appears that on an initial add, the only tables hit are the study_subject and subject tables … am I missing a table or could I do a direct insert into these two (presuming I controlled OC for any other inserts at the time to control the OC_ODI generation)

???
  • Mark … thanks … good discussion there … looks like it is pretty straight forward … guess I will give it the old college try on the OpenTestA instance and verify that it works … looks like Owais had good results!

Perry T. Shipman
    image002
    Programmer Analyst
    UCSD GCRC/PBM
    Mobile (619) 861.3035
    Thank you.
    Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 12:22 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Users] Has anyone attempted the "import" of subject IDs?

Have you seen this discussion on the developers list about direct insertion of subjects?
    Mark Scully
    On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Shipman, Perry wrote:
    In looking at 2.5 … it appears that on an initial add, the only tables hit are the study_subject and subject tables … am I missing a table or could I do a direct insert into these two (presuming I controlled OC for any other inserts at the time to control the OC_ODI generation)

???
This discussion has been closed.