We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

CRF version upload errors: Is it a problem with duplicate ITEM_NAME in multiple forms?

I have received the following error while attempting to upload a new version of an existing CRF in a development version of OpenClinica v3.0.
==
You may not modify the Description, Data Type, Units, or PHI Status of items already included in this CRF.
The item 'q19a' in your spreadsheet already exists for this CRF (as part of another version) and has a different DESCRIPTION(Potential lethality: Only answer if "Actual lethality/Medical damage"
==
The DESCRIPTION mentioned in the full error posting matches exactly with the DESCRIPTION field of a totally separate CRF which happens to have the same ITEM_NAME of q19a.
We have several CRFs that have duplicate ITEM_NAMEs in them. All of the CRFs loaded the first time without error. This problem only occurs when attempting to add a new version, and it appears that the error message MAY always refer back to the DESCRIPTON field of the offending ITEM_NAME found in the very first CRF that was loaded with that ITEM_NAME.
Has anyone else encountered this before? Does anyone have a workaround for it?
Even though we are using duplicate ITEM_NAMEs, my assumption is that they should be linked to the unique CRF_NAME/CRF_OID, and therefore no conflict of this nature should be possible.
Thanks.
Rex Gray
Insert movie times and more without leaving Hotmail®. See how.

Comments

• Hi Rex,

Please check to ensure there is no extra white space at the end of your description for this new version. OpenClinica is going to make sure all of the characters in that field for q19a in the new version match exactly what was provided in the original version of the CRF. If there is an extra space or ‘ anywhere, OpenClinica will provide you the error message you mentioned.

Thanks,
    Paul

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    ~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica
    Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 4:14 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] CRF version upload errors: Is it a problem with duplicate ITEM_NAME in multiple forms?

I have received the following error while attempting to upload a new version of an existing CRF in a development version of OpenClinica v3.0.
    ==
    You may not modify the Description, Data Type, Units, or PHI Status of items already included in this CRF.
    The item 'q19a' in your spreadsheet already exists for this CRF (as part of another version) and has a different DESCRIPTION(Potential lethality: Only answer if "Actual lethality/Medical damage"
    ==
    The DESCRIPTION mentioned in the full error posting matches exactly with the DESCRIPTION field of a totally separate CRF which happens to have the same ITEM_NAME of q19a.
    We have several CRFs that have duplicate ITEM_NAMEs in them. All of the CRFs loaded the first time without error. This problem only occurs when attempting to add a new version, and it appears that the error message MAY always refer back to the DESCRIPTON field of the offending ITEM_NAME found in the very first CRF that was loaded with that ITEM_NAME.
    Has anyone else encountered this before? Does anyone have a workaround for it?
    Even though we are using duplicate ITEM_NAMEs, my assumption is that they should be linked to the unique CRF_NAME/CRF_OID, and therefore no conflict of this nature should be possible.
    Thanks.
    Rex Gray
    Insert movie times and more without leaving Hotmail®. See how.
This discussion has been closed.