Need Help

Technique Support,
I am trying to setup OpenClinica with Oracle database. It was not successful (I had not problem setting up OpenClinica with Postgres database). Where can I find or download the detailed information to help the system setup? Or which files I have to modify in order to allow the system to point to the Oracle database?
Thanks,
Lin

Comments

• Hi Lin,

Instructions for installing OpenClinica on Oracle can be found here: https://www.openclinica.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=ocoracleinstall:start

You do not have to modify any files.

Thanks,
    Paul

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    781-547-8425
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    ~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica
    Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 10:55 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Need Help

Technique Support,
    I am trying to setup OpenClinica with Oracle database. It was not successful (I had not problem setting up OpenClinica with Postgres database). Where can I find or download the detailed information to help the system setup? Or which files I have to modify in order to allow the system to point to the Oracle database?
    Thanks,
    Lin
  • blidetblidet Posts: 5
    Good Morning!
    How can I create my own Response_Label in OpenClinica and is there a manual?
    Thanks for help.
    Kind regards, Tobias
    --
    Tobias Wieland
    biometry and data management
    clinical trials center (zks)
    university medical center freiburg
    elsaesser Str. 2, d-79110 freiburg
    central office: +49- (0)761/270-7778
    direct call: +49- (0)761/270-7389
    Fax: +49- (0)761-270-7377
    e-mail: [email protected]
    homepage: www.zks.uniklinik-freiburg.de
  • kristiakesourcekristiakesource Posts: 133
    Good morning Tobias,
    No there is no manual but an help function in OC. You can create any
    response_label easily. Take a look at the attached example. You response
    choices can be put as radio buttons, single select drop down lists, check
    boxes or multiple select choices. In the attached example you can se both
    how radio buttons are used as well as single-select drop down lists.
    We (the user community) have just started to work on a step by step manual.
    Regards
    Krister
    -----Original Message-----
    On Behalf Of Tobias Wieland
    Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 8:52 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Need help
    Good Morning!
    How can I create my own Response_Label in OpenClinica and is there a manual?
    Thanks for help.
    Kind regards, Tobias
    -- Tobias Wieland biometry and data management clinical trials center (zks) university medical center freiburg elsaesser Str. 2, d-79110 freiburg central office: +49- (0)761/270-7778 direct call: +49- (0)761/270-7389 Fax: +49- (0)761-270-7377 e-mail: [email protected] homepage: www.zks.uniklinik-freiburg.de
  • haenselhaensel Posts: 578 ✭✭
    Hi Tobias
    I don't know any manual specific for 'response_label' but the excel file contains some instructions [1]. You simply create a new label by inserting the name into the 'response_lable' column, the response text (response_options_text) and the response values (response_values_or_calculations). That's all. But be aware that you can't change it after used once.
    Hope that helps.
    Regards,
    Christian
    [1] "Create a custom label associated with a response set. This label must be defined once and may be reused by other items with the same responses (eg Yes, No). Must be alphanumeric, 1 to 80 characters long, and is required for each unique response set. Text and Textarea RESPONSE_TYPES should not share a RESPONSE_LABEL"
    Am 14.4.2010 09:51, schrieb Tobias Wieland:
    > Good Morning!
    >
    > How can I create my own Response_Label in OpenClinica and is there a manual?
    >
    > Thanks for help.
    >
    > Kind regards, Tobias
    >
    --
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dipl.-Inf. Christian Hänsel
    IT / Software Developer
    Tel.: +49-(0)89-5526189-16
    Fax : +49-(0)89-5526189-55
    E-Mail: [email protected]
    ReliaTec GmbH
    Schleissheimer Str. 37
    85748 Garching Germany
    HRB 150060 / AG München
    Gf Thomas Herbig
    http://www.reliatec.de
    =========================================================================
  • Hi
    I faced problem when I tried to log in OpenClinica after configuring every thing it is not allow me to log in .(I use Open Clinica community edition)
    I needyour prompt reply.
    thanks,
    Fekadu Zebere
  • CaesarOlimaCaesarOlima Posts: 42
    Hello Fekadu,
    Is this the first login after installation. If so please use the default password: 12345678. Otherwise, please provide more information on how you are not able to login. After what operations were you not able to log in. This would be more helpful in trying to suggest a solution if you haven't got it solved yet.
    Regards,
    Caesar
This discussion has been closed.