We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

file lookup

Hello,
I understand that there is a way to do file lookups in OC3. I would like for end users to be able to click a link that would check the entered value of a field in an external file, OR would allow them to lookup a value in that file, select it, and have it entered automatically in the associated field. Does anyone know the details of how to set this up?
thanks,
Peter Clark
Senior Programmer Analyst
--
==========================
DIRECT PHONE NUMBER: 802-456-8735
Confidential - Entire Message Theradex Systems, Inc.
THERADEX - CELEBRATING TWENTY-SEVEN YEARS OF SERVICE TO ONCOLOGY

Comments

• rwattsrwatts Posts: 102
    I’m not aware of any such facility (the Akaza guys will no doubt reply for sure) but I too see the value of being able to lookup/validate CRF contents from an external list.

Rick.
    Sent: October 29, 2009 11:58 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] file lookup

Hello,

I understand that there is a way to do file lookups in OC3. I would like for end users to be able to click a link that would check the entered value of a field in an external file, OR would allow them to lookup a value in that file, select it, and have it entered automatically in the associated field. Does anyone know the details of how to set this up?

thanks,
    Peter Clark
    --
  • Hi Peter and others,
    Sorry to dig this old chestnut out of the fire so late, but I wanted to address this topic since it is now available in OpenClinica 3.0. We call this type of action 'coding', it is based on the concept that OpenClinica can access a third-party application and receive a value from a selection that goes directly into the CRF. A more technical discussion of this feature is here:
    https://www.openclinica.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=developerwiki:postmessage
    Please let me know if you have any questions about this at all.
    Best, Tom
    Tom Hickerson begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting - [email protected]
    Senior Developer
    Akaza Research, LLC
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thu 10/29/2009 19:58

Hello,
    thanks,
    Peter Clark
    -- ========================== DIRECT PHONE NUMBER: 802-456-8735 Confidential - Entire Message Theradex Systems, Inc. THERADEX - CELEBRATING TWENTY-SEVEN YEARS OF SERVICE TO ONCOLOGY
  • rwattsrwatts Posts: 102
    This is cool - and something I was not yet aware of, although now we have to write an application to supply the data to the CRF!
    It seems to me there is much about OpenClinica that could be better documented...
    Rick.
    Sent: June 15, 2010 5:41 AM
    Subject: RE: [Users] file lookup
    Hi Peter and others,
    Sorry to dig this old chestnut out of the fire so late, but I wanted to address this topic since it is now available in OpenClinica 3.0. We call this type of action 'coding', it is based on the concept that OpenClinica can access a third-party application and receive a value from a selection that goes directly into the CRF. A more technical discussion of this feature is here:
    https://www.openclinica.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=developerwiki:postmessage
    Please let me know if you have any questions about this at all.
    Best, Tom
    Tom Hickerson begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting - [email protected] Senior Developer Akaza Research, LLC
    Sent: Thu 10/29/2009 19:58

Hello,
    thanks,
    Peter Clark
    --
This discussion has been closed.