We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

How do I export data from ALL versions of a CRF

Hello,

I would like to export data for ALL versions of a CRF, how do I do this? Under my event definition, I only have one CRF active, but I also have one CRF that I have removed and there are data recorded for this version of the CRF. The reason I have managed the event definitions this way is because I only want the data entry people to see the latest version of the CRF when selecting events to enter data for. However, when creating a dataset to export today, I noticed that I am only able to pull data from the active CRF in the event definition. I worked around this by restoring the old version of the CRF, creating my dataset for export, and then removing the old CRF again. This is not a practical solution though, is there another way to do this?

Regards,
Alecia

Alecia Peterson
Clinical Data Associate
Department of Pediatrics / IICRC
University of Utah, School of Medicine
Tel: 801-587-7545
Email: [email protected]

Comments

• Hi Alecia,
    Rather than removing the version, try Archiving it. As an administrator, there is a Red 'lock' icon. When you archive a version, it means that it is no longer available for use during data entry but all previously collected data will still be included in your datasets.
    Best Regards,
    Alicia
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thu 10/29/2009 6:29 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] How do I export data from ALL versions of a CRF

Hello,

I would like to export data for ALL versions of a CRF, how do I do this? Under my event definition, I only have one CRF active, but I also have one CRF that I have removed and there are data recorded for this version of the CRF. The reason I have managed the event definitions this way is because I only want the data entry people to see the latest version of the CRF when selecting events to enter data for. However, when creating a dataset to export today, I noticed that I am only able to pull data from the active CRF in the event definition. I worked around this by restoring the old version of the CRF, creating my dataset for export, and then removing the old CRF again. This is not a practical solution though, is there another way to do this?

Regards,
    Alecia

Alecia Peterson
    Clinical Data Associate

Attachments:
    winmail.dat 3.4 KB
  • stickysticky Posts: 39
    Hi Alicia,
    Thank you for the suggestion. Now I am wondering how you would handle the resolution of queries on a form that has been locked but for which data has been entered?
    Regards,
    Alecia
    Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 10:50 PM
    Subject: RE: [Users] How do I export data from ALL versions of a CRF
    Hi Alecia,
    Rather than removing the version, try Archiving it. As an administrator, there is a Red 'lock' icon. When you archive a version, it means that it is no longer available for use during data entry but all previously collected data will still be included in your datasets.
    Best Regards,
    Alicia
    Sent: Thu 10/29/2009 6:29 PM
    Subject: [Users] How do I export data from ALL versions of a CRF

Hello,

Regards,
    Alecia

Alecia Peterson
    Clinical Data Associate
This discussion has been closed.