We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Unable to extract a dataset...

I originally submitted this in August and didn't get any advice but I have been debugging and have more details.
I have been trying to extract a dataset from a study and keep receiving an error (the non-specific "An error has occurred" page). This occurs only when certain data elements are included in the export. If those elements are not included, I can export other elements from the same CRF without a problem.
The error is thrown for all export types except the CDISC. When I peruse the CDISC file, however, the problematic data elements are only included for one of the versions of the CRF and not others. Again, the other data elements are exported for all CRF versions.
I have also taken a look at the Postgres tables and can select the data values I need:
select i.value,c.crf_id,c.name from item_data as i, event_crf as e, crf_version as c where c.crf_version_id = e.crf_version_id and e.event_crf_id = i.event_crf_id and c.crf_id = 1 and i.item_id=7;
I just tried upgrading to OC 3.0 and have found that the error still occurs though much more quickly than with OC 2.5.x which would sometimes never return a result or an error.
The error in the tomcat log is below.
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:322)
at org.akaza.openclinica.bean.extract.ExtractBean.addStudyEventData(ExtractBean.java:1001)
at org.akaza.openclinica.dao.extract.DatasetDAO.getDatasetData(DatasetDAO.java:616)
at org.akaza.openclinica.service.extract.GenerateExtractFileService.createTabFile(GenerateExtractFileService.java:84)
at org.akaza.openclinica.control.extract.ExportDatasetServlet.processRequest(ExportDatasetServlet.java:244)
at org.akaza.openclinica.control.core.SecureController.process(SecureController.java:448)
at org.akaza.openclinica.control.core.SecureController.doGet(SecureController.java:481)
Which corresponds to this line in addStudyEventData()
for (int ik = 0; ik < aBASE_ITEMDATAID.size(); ik++) {
Thank you for your time.
--
Michael V. Boland, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor
Wilmer Eye Institute and
Health Sciences Informatics
Johns Hopkins University
+1.410.583.2800 (clinic)
+1.410.502.4074 (office)
This discussion has been closed.