We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

incorporating an external page

Hi,
we run Openclinica on a win 2003 server in an evaluation scenario. I was wondering if I could provide links to an external PHP page where calculation of some score such as APACHE / Injury severity score are calculated. In this situation only the summary scores are required on the CRF. Ideally the score should be calculated on the CRF, but we already have an intranet site where all the calculations can be done. I wonder if providing a html link is possible on the CRF that takes them to the page for calculations and then permits the entry of those values on to the CRF.

Regards

Jacob

Comments

• Hi Jacob,

There is a way for you to accomplish exactly what you are asking. You can set up a CRF item to link to an external application, select a value, and then send that value back to the field in OpenClinica. There are a few things you have to configure on your other application to get this to work, and your users have to use Firefox or IE 8, otherwise it will not work.

Here is a wiki page with more information: https://www.openclinica.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=developerwiki:postmessage

Thanks,
    Paul
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    781-547-8425
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    ~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica
    Sent: Monday, December 28, 2009 6:41 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] incorporating an external page

Hi,
    we run Openclinica on a win 2003 server in an evaluation scenario. I was wondering if I could provide links to an external PHP page where calculation of some score such as APACHE / Injury severity score are calculated. In this situation only the summary scores are required on the CRF. Ideally the score should be calculated on the CRF, but we already have an intranet site where all the calculations can be done. I wonder if providing a html link is possible on the CRF that takes them to the page for calculations and then permits the entry of those values on to the CRF.

Regards

Jacob
  • jebujebu Posts: 28
    thanks for that note!
    Jacob John
    CHAD CMC
    On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Paul Galvin wrote:
    Hi Jacob,

There is a way for you to accomplish exactly what you are asking. You can set up a CRF item to link to an external application, select a value, and then send that value back to the field in OpenClinica. There are a few things you have to configure on your other application to get this to work, and your users have to use Firefox or IE 8, otherwise it will not work.

Here is a wiki page with more information: https://www.openclinica.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=developerwiki:postmessage

Thanks,
    Paul
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    781-547-8425
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    ~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica
    Sent: Monday, December 28, 2009 6:41 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] incorporating an external page

Hi,

Regards

Jacob
This discussion has been closed.