We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

combo box doesn't display values properly

Hi all
I just set up a simple study without creating Subject Group Classes and Rules, only a couple of sites and subjects per site.
What I'm reporting is a strange behaviour, at least to me, during data entry.
As you can see from the attached file if one tries to view the data entered, the same data for the same subject depends on the user
you're using: data manager view is diffrent from the investigator one (the one who entered the data).
Should sombody have any hints on this, I'd be glad.
In addition, in CRF Info tab, some data is not displayed at all ("Age At Enrollment"), or field are named differently ("Date of Birth" and
"Year of Birth").
Thanx in advance
Regards
Attachments:
bug.doc 236 KB

Comments

• Hi Mario,

According to your screenshots, data entry has not been completed for the CRF in question yet. The status is Initial Data Entry Started in what the Data Manager is seeing, which means the data has not been finalized and marked complete yet. Until the data is marked complete, the values of the information could change each time a user, like the Investigator, goes in and selects the View Icon. If your Data Manager marks the CRF complete and then your Investigator views the data, do the values match up.

Also, if you could please send along your CRF either to the list or offline to me, we can take a look at it.

Thanks,
    Paul

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    781-547-8425
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    ~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica
    Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 5:09 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] combo box doesn't display values properly

Hi all
    I just set up a simple study without creating Subject Group Classes and Rules, only a couple of sites and subjects per site.
    As you can see from the attached file if one tries to view the data entered, the same data for the same subject depends on the user
    you're using: data manager view is diffrent from the investigator one (the one who entered the data).
    In addition, in CRF Info tab, some data is not displayed at all ("Age At Enrollment"), or field are named differently ("Date of Birth" and
    "Year of Birth").
    Thanx in advance
    Regards
  • Thank you for sending your CRFs. I took the one you were having trouble with before, the Allergy/Asthma History and Medical History form and changed INTENSSYMP back to a single-select field as your original screenshot had shown. In the CRF you attached, you had changed this field to a radio button.

I entered the exact same data you had and then viewed the data entry as a data manager, and the issue did not occur. Are you using a web browser other than IE or Firefox? Also, what language setting did you have?

Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    781-547-8425
    OpenClinica Global Conference
    March 22, 2010 - Bethesda, Maryland
    For details and to register visit: www.openclinicaconference.org
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    ~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica
    Sent: Monday, January 18, 2010 6:29 AM
    To: Paul Galvin; [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Users] combo box doesn't display values properly

hi Paul
    thanks for the replay
    attached you will find the xls files used to build up the study.
    we tried to invistagate the way you suggested, unfortunatley even marking the crfs complete the behaviour described occurs again:
    datamanager cannot see values in combo box
    thanx in advance
    PS DBMS is Oracle 10g
    2010/1/4 Paul Galvin
    Hi Mario,

According to your screenshots, data entry has not been completed for the CRF in question yet. The status is Initial Data Entry Started in what the Data Manager is seeing, which means the data has not been finalized and marked complete yet. Until the data is marked complete, the values of the information could change each time a user, like the Investigator, goes in and selects the View Icon. If your Data Manager marks the CRF complete and then your Investigator views the data, do the values match up.

Also, if you could please send along your CRF either to the list or offline to me, we can take a look at it.

Thanks,
    Paul

Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    781-547-8425
    www.akazaresearch.com
    www.openclinica.org
    Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 5:09 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] combo box doesn't display values properly

Hi all
    "Year of Birth").
    Thanx in advance
    Regards
This discussion has been closed.