We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

group with items with drop down list

I made a CRF that uses a group heading. Users can add medications with start and stop dates throughout the study, in a table-styled CRF. I have a drop down list for route and units for dose, as ‘single-select’.

Very strange problem:
After adding meds, when I look at the data, or a user returns to add or edit the table, the last entry has changed! The entry has changed to the first item on the list for the single-select items. The text fields retain their originally inputted value. We can work around this by adding a dummy entry at the end of the table, but this is very cumbersome and shouldn’t be necessary.

This table is otherwise set up like we need it. Any ideas about what is going wrong?

-Ernie

Ernie Ayers
Kidney Research Institute
University of Washington
Box 359606
325 Ninth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104-2499

Privileged, confidential or patient identifiable information may be contained in this message. This information is meant only for the use of the intended recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, or if the message has been addressed to you in error, do not read, disclose, reproduce, distribute, disseminate or otherwise use this transmission. Instead, please notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the message and any attachments.

Comments

• kristiakkristiak ✭✭✭ Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭
    Hi Ernie,

Yes this is a known problem with IE8. If you run it in compatibility mode then the issue disappears. You can also avoid by using Firefox as the browser. The issue has been reported and will be fixed in a future release. You can also use radio buttons instead if the single select widget to avoid the problem,

/Krister
    Sent: 21 May 2010 01:37
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] group with items with drop down list

I made a CRF that uses a group heading. Users can add medications with start and stop dates throughout the study, in a table-styled CRF. I have a drop down list for route and units for dose, as ‘single-select’.

Very strange problem:
    After adding meds, when I look at the data, or a user returns to add or edit the table, the last entry has changed! The entry has changed to the first item on the list for the single-select items. The text fields retain their originally inputted value. We can work around this by adding a dummy entry at the end of the table, but this is very cumbersome and shouldn’t be necessary.

This table is otherwise set up like we need it. Any ideas about what is going wrong?

-Ernie

Ernie Ayers
    University of Washington
    Box 359606
    325 Ninth Avenue
    Seattle, WA 98104-2499

Privileged, confidential or patient identifiable information may be contained in this message. This information is meant only for the use of the intended recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, or if the message has been addressed to you in error, do not read, disclose, reproduce, distribute, disseminate or otherwise use this transmission. Instead, please notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the message and any attachments.
  • eayerseayers Posts: 4
    Thanks for the update.

How would I run OpenClinica in compatability mode? We do have IE8 installed on our computers, but I’m not an administrator.

-Ernie
    Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 11:43 PM
    Subject: RE: [Users] group with items with drop down list

Hi Ernie,

Yes this is a known problem with IE8. If you run it in compatibility mode then the issue disappears. You can also avoid by using Firefox as the browser. The issue has been reported and will be fixed in a future release. You can also use radio buttons instead if the single select widget to avoid the problem,

/Krister

Very strange problem:

-Ernie

Ernie Ayers
    University of Washington
    Box 359606
    325 Ninth Avenue
    Seattle, WA 98104-2499

• mvirtosumvirtosu ✭✭ Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Ernie,

To run in Compatibility mode, go to Tools, then click on Compatiblity View.

Mihai
    Sent: Friday, May 21, 2010 11:58 AM

Thanks for the update.

How would I run OpenClinica in compatability mode? We do have IE8 installed on our computers, but I’m not an administrator.

-Ernie
    Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 11:43 PM

Hi Ernie,

/Krister

Very strange problem:

-Ernie

Ernie Ayers
    University of Washington
    Box 359606
    325 Ninth Avenue
    Seattle, WA 98104-2499

This discussion has been closed.