We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Data entered changes when save button pressed.

Hi,

When saving a page of data entry in Openclinica if the information does not fit the validation rule when the save button is pressed the rules alert the field that’s are incorrect, however the original information for radio buttons or drop down fields change to a different answer.

How can I stop this from occurring so that the data entered by the study coordinator remains the same even if it triggers a rule?

Ineke

Comments

• haenselhaensel Posts: 602 ✭✭✭
    Hi Ineke
    Do you use default values for the specific fields?
    Regards,
    Christian
    Am 31.05.2010 02:10, schrieb Ineke Shaw:
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    >
    >
    > When saving a page of data entry in Openclinica if the information does not fit the validation rule when the save button is pressed the rules alert the field that’s are incorrect, however the original information for radio buttons or drop down fields change to a different answer.
    >
    >
    >
    > How can I stop this from occurring so that the data entered by the study coordinator remains the same even if it triggers a rule?
    >
    >
    >
    > Ineke
    >
    >
  • ishawishaw Posts: 15
    Hi Christian,

The default value for the drop down menus is “-- Select One –“ but it does not switch to this, it picks the answer that fits the rule. The radio buttons do not have a default.

Best regards,

Ineke
    Sent: Monday, 31 May 2010 3:05 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Users] Data entered changes when save button pressed.

Hi Ineke
    Regards,
    Christian
    Hi,

When saving a page of data entry in Openclinica if the information does not fit the validation rule when the save button is pressed the rules alert the field that’s are incorrect, however the original information for radio buttons or drop down fields change to a different answer.

How can I stop this from occurring so that the data entered by the study coordinator remains the same even if it triggers a rule?

Ineke
  • haenselhaensel Posts: 602 ✭✭✭
    Hi Ineke
    That's fine so far since default values are unsupported for radio buttons.
    Many users reported problems with IE8. If you use IE8 try to run it in compatibility mode.
    Regards,
    Christian
    Am 31.05.2010 07:29, schrieb Ineke Shaw:
    >
    > Hi Christian,
    >
    >
    >
    > The default value for the drop down menus is “-- Select One –“ but it does not switch to this, it picks the answer that fits the rule. The radio buttons do not have a default.
    >
    >
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    >
    >
    > Ineke
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Sent: Monday, 31 May 2010 3:05 PM
    > To: [email protected]
    > Subject: Re: [Users] Data entered changes when save button pressed.
    >
    >
    >
    > Hi Ineke
    >
    > Do you use default values for the specific fields?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Christian
    >
    > Am 31.05.2010 02:10, schrieb Ineke Shaw:
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    >
    >
    > When saving a page of data entry in Openclinica if the information does not fit the validation rule when the save button is pressed the rules alert the field that’s are incorrect, however the original information for radio buttons or drop down fields change to a different answer.
    >
    >
    >
    > How can I stop this from occurring so that the data entered by the study coordinator remains the same even if it triggers a rule?
    >
    >
    >
    > Ineke
    >
    >
    >
    Hi Christian,

Thanks, I was using IE7. I have now upgraded to IE8 and ran it in compatibility mode and it works for all new scheduled events.

Thanks,

Ineke
    Sent: Monday, 31 May 2010 6:42 PM

Hi Ineke
    That's fine so far since default values are unsupported for radio buttons.
    Many users reported problems with IE8. If you use IE8 try to run it in compatibility mode.
    Regards,
    Christian
    Am 31.05.2010 07:29, schrieb Ineke Shaw:
    Hi Christian,

The default value for the drop down menus is “-- Select One –“ but it does not switch to this, it picks the answer that fits the rule. The radio buttons do not have a default.

Best regards,

Ineke
    Sent: Monday, 31 May 2010 3:05 PM

Hi Ineke
    Regards,
    Christian
    Hi,

Ineke
  • JozefJozef Posts: 71
    I am more and more surprised about this kind of discussions.
    Shouldn't the correct working of an application be independend from the browser (version)?

Time to rethink ? What about XForms ?

Best,

Jozef Aerts
    Hi,

I previously emailed about data entered being changed when the save button is hit and a query is generated. I thought this had stopped occurring with the IE8 compatibility mode.

However it turns out that it is occurring again.

The compatibility mode seems to have stopped the radio buttons from switching but the single select buttons still change back to the default response when a query is generated. Is this supposed to happen?
    Or could there be a fault in my rules that generates this?

I have tried running OC on IE7, IE8 and Firefox, the same thing occurs.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Best regards,

Ineke
    Sent: Tuesday, 1 June 2010 5:28 PM

Shouldn't the correct working of an application be independend from the browser (version)?

Best,

Jozef Aerts
  • kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Have you tested to see if the data in the database is actually changed or if this is just a display bug?

Reagards

Krister
    Sent: 29 June 2010 09:21
    Subject: [Users] Data entered changes when save button pressed.

Hi,

I previously emailed about data entered being changed when the save button is hit and a query is generated. I thought this had stopped occurring with the IE8 compatibility mode.

However it turns out that it is occurring again.

The compatibility mode seems to have stopped the radio buttons from switching but the single select buttons still change back to the default response when a query is generated. Is this supposed to happen?
    Or could there be a fault in my rules that generates this?

I have tried running OC on IE7, IE8 and Firefox, the same thing occurs.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Best regards,

Ineke
    Sent: Tuesday, 1 June 2010 5:28 PM

Best,

Jozef Aerts
This discussion has been closed.