We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Detailed Logs for Bulk Import Jobs

mvirtosumvirtosu Posts: 276 ✭✭
Hello,

When scheduling bulk data import jobs, is there a place where we can see what happened, such as which import files were imported successfully, which files returned errors, what the errors were, and so on?

Thank you,

Mihai Virtosu
University of Utah

Comments

• Hello Mihai,

When you schedule the job, you set an email address. When the job completes, an email will get sent to that email account with a summary of import. The summary looks just as is does when you do a manual import and will show successfull jobs, any failed validations and which items.
    I hope this is helpful. Let us know if you have further questions.

Best,
    Alicia

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Alicia Goodwin
    Client Services Representative
    Akaza Research, LLC
    460 Totten Pond Rd. Suite 200
    Waltham, MA 02451
    Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 11:15 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Detailed Logs for Bulk Import Jobs
    Hello,

When scheduling bulk data import jobs, is there a place where we can see what happened, such as which import files were imported successfully, which files returned errors, what the errors were, and so on?

Thank you,

Mihai Virtosu
    University of Utah
  • mvirtosumvirtosu Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Alicia,

The email log works well for me, but is it not unsecure to send study data over email?

And as a wish list, it would be nice if the email contained a summary of which files were not well-formed and which files had data that did not pass validation so that the user does not have to scroll through the entire email to find this information.

Thanks,

Mihai
    Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 9:17 AM
    Subject: RE: [Users] Detailed Logs for Bulk Import Jobs

Hello Mihai,

When you schedule the job, you set an email address. When the job completes, an email will get sent to that email account with a summary of import. The summary looks just as is does when you do a manual import and will show successfull jobs, any failed validations and which items.

Best,
    Alicia

Alicia Goodwin
    Akaza Research, LLC
    Waltham, MA 02451
    Hello,

Thank you,

Mihai Virtosu
    University of Utah
  • Paul GalvinPaul Galvin Posts: 886
    Hi Mihai,

In 3.0.4, the email will not contain any of the subject data. It will provide you a summary of the results and you will have to log in to OpenClinica in order to see the data that was successfully imported into the system.

Thanks,
    Paul

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    781-547-8425
    www.openclinica.org
    ~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica
    ***To search the archives of the User and Developer Forums, please go to http://www.openclinica.org/page.php?pid=107***
    Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 12:51 PM

Alicia,

The email log works well for me, but is it not unsecure to send study data over email?

And as a wish list, it would be nice if the email contained a summary of which files were not well-formed and which files had data that did not pass validation so that the user does not have to scroll through the entire email to find this information.

Thanks,

Mihai

Hello Mihai,

Best,
    Alicia

Alicia Goodwin
    Akaza Research, LLC
    Waltham, MA 02451
    Hello,

Thank you,

Mihai Virtosu
    University of Utah
    Hi Paul,

Thank you for your response.

In the case of a data value not passing validation, will the email indicate which event, form, group, item OID and actual data value did not pass validation? If not, how can we retrieve this information?

Thanks,

Mihai
    Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 2:03 PM

Hi Mihai,

In 3.0.4, the email will not contain any of the subject data. It will provide you a summary of the results and you will have to log in to OpenClinica in order to see the data that was successfully imported into the system.

Thanks,
    Paul

Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    781-547-8425
    www.openclinica.org
    ~ OpenClinica Enterprise ~ Ask me about professional training, support, and services for OpenClinica
    ***To search the archives of the User and Developer Forums, please go to http://www.openclinica.org/page.php?pid=107***

Alicia,

Thanks,

Mihai

Hello Mihai,

Best,
    Alicia

Alicia Goodwin
    Akaza Research, LLC
    Waltham, MA 02451
    To: [email protected]nclinica.org
    Hello,

Thank you,

Mihai Virtosu
    University of Utah
    Hi Mihai,

You will retrieve this information in the same place you would retrieve the information about the successful data import from a job. Tasks > Jobs > View All Import Jobs > and then view the particular job you want to see results for.
    Thanks,
    Paul

Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    781-547-8425
    www.openclinica.org
    Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 4:12 PM

Hi Paul,

In the case of a data value not passing validation, will the email indicate which event, form, group, item OID and actual data value did not pass validation? If not, how can we retrieve this information?

Thanks,

Mihai

Hi Mihai,

Thanks,
    Paul

Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    781-547-8425
    www.openclinica.org

Alicia,

Thanks,

Mihai

Hello Mihai,

Best,
    Alicia

Alicia Goodwin
    Akaza Research, LLC
    Waltham, MA 02451
    Hello,

Thank you,

Mihai Virtosu
    University of Utah
    Hi Paul,

I am sorry, but I cannot see a way to view the detailed information about each file that was imported via the job by clicking on the View button for the job. Again, the information I am looking for is: which XML files did not pass validation, what data elements had values that were not imported due to OC form validations, etc. What am I missing?

Moreover, it appears that there are no entries in the “Page 1 of 1” listing for jobs that ran with “real” files found. Is that a bug?

Thanks,

Mihai
    Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 1:00 PM

Hi Mihai,

You will retrieve this information in the same place you would retrieve the information about the successful data import from a job. Tasks > Jobs > View All Import Jobs > and then view the particular job you want to see results for.
    Thanks,
    Paul

Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    781-547-8425
    www.openclinica.org

Hi Paul,

Thanks,

Mihai

Hi Mihai,

Thanks,
    Paul

Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    781-547-8425
    www.openclinica.org

Alicia,

Thanks,

Mihai

Hello Mihai,

Best,
    Alicia

Alicia Goodwin
    Akaza Research, LLC
    Waltham, MA 02451
    Hello,

Thank you,

Mihai Virtosu
    University of Utah
    Hi Mihai,

In my first email about this, I said this functionality is present in 3.0.4 which has not been released yet. That is why you do not see the functionality in your OpenClinica instance.

Thanks,
    Paul
    Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    781-547-8425
    www.openclinica.org
    Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 3:08 PM

Hi Paul,

I am sorry, but I cannot see a way to view the detailed information about each file that was imported via the job by clicking on the View button for the job. Again, the information I am looking for is: which XML files did not pass validation, what data elements had values that were not imported due to OC form validations, etc. What am I missing?

Moreover, it appears that there are no entries in the “Page 1 of 1” listing for jobs that ran with “real” files found. Is that a bug?

Thanks,

Mihai
    Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 1:00 PM

Hi Mihai,

Thanks,
    Paul

Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    781-547-8425
    www.openclinica.org

Hi Paul,

Thanks,

Mihai

Hi Mihai,

Thanks,
    Paul

Paul J. Galvin
    Project Manager
    Akaza Research
    781-547-8425
    www.openclinica.org

Alicia,

Thanks,

Mihai

Hello Mihai,

Best,
    Alicia

Alicia Goodwin
    Akaza Research, LLC
    Waltham, MA 02451
    Hello,

Thank you,

Mihai Virtosu
    University of Utah
This discussion has been closed.