We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Open Clinica 3.0 on Ubuntu 11.04

Hallo.
We've been attempting to install OpenClinica on Ubuntu 10.04 to test it for future installation in an University environment. We followed the instruction found on installation folder for LINUX OS's, but tomcat can't start the app.
We installed Tomcat6, PostgresSQL 8.4 and JDBC drivers.
Tomcat is working (I can access localhost:8080 and log into the manager), as is Postgres (user and DB created and working). Data and log directories were created and assigned the correct permission
Notwithstanding that, the app can't get started in tomcat's manager. When I try to start it, I get the folowing message:
FAIL - Application at context path /OpenClinica could not be started
In OpenClinica's log (/usr/local/tomcat/logs/openclinica.log) I've found the following error:
05/07 18:45:30 ERROR o.s.w.c.ContextLoader:215 - Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'liquibase' defined in file [/var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/OpenClinica/WEB-INF/classes/org/akaza/openclinica/applicationContext-core-db.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is liquibase.exception.MigrationFailedException: Migration failed for change set migration/2.5/changeLogCreateTables.xml::1235684743487-0::pgawade (generated):
Reason: liquibase.exception.JDBCException: Error executing SQL DROP LANGUAGE IF EXISTS plpgsql;
CREATE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql;
SET check_function_bodies = false;
SET client_min_messages = error;
SET default_tablespace = '';
SET default_with_oids = true;
SET search_path = public, pg_catalog;
COMMENT ON SCHEMA public IS 'Standard public schema';:
Caused By: Error executing SQL DROP LANGUAGE IF EXISTS plpgsql;
Caused By: ERROR: cannot drop language plpgsql because other objects depend on it
We recently upgraded to Ubuntu 11.04, but nothing has changed.
We do not consider upgrading to the next release until this issue will be resolved.
Any help will be appreciated.
Marco Pusceddu
---
Supporti Tecnologici snc
www.supportitecnologici.net
Via Gianturco, 24 - Cagliari (Italy)
Tel. 070 34 815 34
cell. Antonio Melis: 334 36 73 405
cell. Marco Pusceddu: 338 20 16 572
e-mail: [email protected]
Ai sensi del Decreto Legislativo 196/2003 si precisa che le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate ed a uso esclusivo del destinatario. Qualora il messaggio Le fosse pervenuto per errore, La preghiamo di eliminarlo senza copiarlo, inoltrarlo a terzi o usare le informazioni in esso contenute, dandocene gentilmente comunicazione. Grazie

Comments

• Hi Marco,
    What else do you have running on postgres? Do you have anything that is using the plpgsql language?
    If not, you might try logging into psql and manually dropping the language yourself, and then try to restart the OpenClinica instance again.
    Hope that helps, Tom
    Tom Hickerson | Senior Tier-2 Engineer
    [email protected]
    www.openclinica.com
    Open Source Platform for Clinical Research
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thu 8/18/2011 19:12
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Open Clinica 3.0 on Ubuntu 11.04

Hallo.
    We've been attempting to install OpenClinica on Ubuntu 10.04 to test it for future installation in an University environment. We followed the instruction found on installation folder for LINUX OS's, but tomcat can't start the app.
    Tomcat is working (I can access localhost:8080 and log into the manager), as is Postgres (user and DB created and working). Data and log directories were created and assigned the correct permission
    Notwithstanding that, the app can't get started in tomcat's manager. When I try to start it, I get the folowing message:
    In OpenClinica's log (/usr/local/tomcat/logs/openclinica.log) I've found the following error:
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'liquibase' defined in file [/var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/OpenClinica/WEB-INF/classes/org/akaza/openclinica/applicationContext-core-db.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is liquibase.exception.MigrationFailedException: Migration failed for change set migration/2.5/changeLogCreateTables.xml::1235684743487-0::pgawade (generated):
    Reason: liquibase.exception.JDBCException: Error executing SQL DROP LANGUAGE IF EXISTS plpgsql;
    Caused By: ERROR: cannot drop language plpgsql because other objects depend on it
    We do not consider upgrading to the next release until this issue will be resolved.
    Marco Pusceddu
    ---
    Supporti Tecnologici snc
    Tel. 070 34 815 34
    Ai sensi del Decreto Legislativo 196/2003 si precisa che le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate ed a uso esclusivo del destinatario. Qualora il messaggio Le fosse pervenuto per errore, La preghiamo di eliminarlo senza copiarlo, inoltrarlo a terzi o usare le informazioni in esso contenute, dandocene gentilmente comunicazione. Grazie
    Attachments:
    winmail.dat 4.5 KB
  • I installed Postgres just to deploy OpenClinica. I'm not using it for anything else.
    I'll try what you suggested.
    Thanks a lot.
    Il giorno 18/ago/2011, alle ore 18.38, Tom Hickerson ha scritto:
    > Hi Marco,
    >
    > What else do you have running on postgres? Do you have anything that is using the plpgsql language?
    >
    > If not, you might try logging into psql and manually dropping the language yourself, and then try to restart the OpenClinica instance again.
    >
    > Hope that helps, Tom
    >
    > Tom Hickerson | Senior Tier-2 Engineer
    > [email protected]
    > www.openclinica.com
    > Open Source Platform for Clinical Research
    >
    >
    >
    > -----Original Message-----
    >
    > Sent: Thu 8/18/2011 19:12
    > To: [email protected]
    > Subject: [Users] Open Clinica 3.0 on Ubuntu 11.04
    >
    > Hallo.
    >
    > We've been attempting to install OpenClinica on Ubuntu 10.04 to test it for future installation in an University environment. We followed the instruction found on installation folder for LINUX OS's, but tomcat can't start the app.
    >
    > We installed Tomcat6, PostgresSQL 8.4 and JDBC drivers.
    >
    > Tomcat is working (I can access localhost:8080 and log into the manager), as is Postgres (user and DB created and working). Data and log directories were created and assigned the correct permission
    >
    > Notwithstanding that, the app can't get started in tomcat's manager. When I try to start it, I get the folowing message:
    >
    > FAIL - Application at context path /OpenClinica could not be started
    >
    >
    > In OpenClinica's log (/usr/local/tomcat/logs/openclinica.log) I've found the following error:
    >
    > 05/07 18:45:30 ERROR o.s.w.c.ContextLoader:215 - Context initialization failed
    > org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'liquibase' defined in file [/var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/OpenClinica/WEB-INF/classes/org/akaza/openclinica/applicationContext-core-db.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is liquibase.exception.MigrationFailedException: Migration failed for change set migration/2.5/changeLogCreateTables.xml::1235684743487-0::pgawade (generated):
    > Reason: liquibase.exception.JDBCException: Error executing SQL DROP LANGUAGE IF EXISTS plpgsql;
    > CREATE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql;
    > SET check_function_bodies = false;
    > SET client_min_messages = error;
    > SET default_tablespace = '';
    > SET default_with_oids = true;
    > SET search_path = public, pg_catalog;
    > COMMENT ON SCHEMA public IS 'Standard public schema';:
    > Caused By: Error executing SQL DROP LANGUAGE IF EXISTS plpgsql;
    > CREATE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql;
    > SET check_function_bodies = false;
    > SET client_min_messages = error;
    > SET default_tablespace = '';
    > SET default_with_oids = true;
    > SET search_path = public, pg_catalog;
    > COMMENT ON SCHEMA public IS 'Standard public schema';:
    > Caused By: ERROR: cannot drop language plpgsql because other objects depend on it
    > .............................
    >
    > We recently upgraded to Ubuntu 11.04, but nothing has changed.
    >
    > We do not consider upgrading to the next release until this issue will be resolved.
    > Any help will be appreciated.
    >
    > Marco Pusceddu
    >
    > ---
    >
    > Supporti Tecnologici snc
    > www.supportitecnologici.net
    > Via Gianturco, 24 - Cagliari (Italy)
    > Tel. 070 34 815 34
    > cell. Antonio Melis: 334 36 73 405
    > cell. Marco Pusceddu: 338 20 16 572
    > e-mail: [email protected]
    >
    > Ai sensi del Decreto Legislativo 196/2003 si precisa che le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate ed a uso esclusivo del destinatario. Qualora il messaggio Le fosse pervenuto per errore, La preghiamo di eliminarlo senza copiarlo, inoltrarlo a terzi o usare le informazioni in esso contenute, dandocene gentilmente comunicazione. Grazie
    >
    >
    >
  • smartinsmartin Posts: 145
    Re: [Users] Open Clinica 3.0 on Ubuntu 11.04 Hi Marco,
    If you install postgres with the default options it automatically installs the language. If you followed our install guides it has you select no to that option so the language is not installed. Tom’s suggestion should resolve the issue.
    Thanks,
    Shaun
    On 8/18/11 02:21 PM, "Marco Pusceddu" wrote:
    I installed Postgres just to deploy OpenClinica. I'm not using it for anything else.
    Thanks a lot.
    Hi Marco,
    What else do you have running on postgres? Do you have anything that is using the plpgsql language?
    If not, you might try logging into psql and manually dropping the language yourself, and then try to restart the OpenClinica instance again.
    Hope that helps, Tom
    [email protected]
    www.openclinica.com
    Hallo.
    Marco Pusceddu
    ---
    Supporti Tecnologici snc
    Tel. 070 34 815 34
  • Tank you all.
    I resolved my first issue by manually removing the language from psql.
    Now I'm having a liquibase exception during application's initialization.
    Here is openclinica's log:
    ===================
    08/19 09:53:49 ERROR o.s.w.c.ContextLoader:215 - Context initialization failed org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'liquibase' defined in file [/var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/OpenClinica/WEB-INF/classes/org/akaza/openclinica/applicationContext-core-db.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is liquibase.exception.MigrationFailedException: Migration failed for change set migration/2.5/changeLogCreateTables.xml::12
    35684743487-1::pgawade (generated): Reason: liquibase.exception.JDBCException: Error executing SQL CREATE TABLE archived_dataset_file (archived_dataset_file_id serial NOT NULL, name VARCHAR(255), dataset_id INT, export_format_id INT, file_reference VARCHAR(1000), run_time INT, file_size INT, date_created DATE, owner_id INT, CONSTRAINT PK_ARCHIVED_DA
    TASET_FILE PRIMARY KEY (archived_dataset_file_id)): Caused By: Error executing SQL CREATE TABLE archived_dataset_file (archived_dataset_file_id serial NOT NULL, name VARCHAR(255), dataset_id INT, export_format_id INT, file_reference VARCHAR(1000), run_time INT, file_size INT, date_created DATE, owner_id INT, CONSTRAINT PK_ARCHIVED_DATASET_FILE PRIMARY KEY (arc
    hived_dataset_file_id)):
    Caused By: ERROR: relation "archived_dataset_file" already exists at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean
    Factory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1338) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean
    Factory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:473) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean
    ===================
    Any idea?
    Thanks
    Il giorno 22/ago/2011, alle ore 15.54, Shaun Martin ha scritto:
    > Hi Marco,
    >
    > If you install postgres with the default options it automatically installs the language. If you followed our install guides it has you select no to that option so the language is not installed. Tom’s suggestion should resolve the issue.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Shaun
    >
    >
    > On 8/18/11 02:21 PM, "Marco Pusceddu" wrote:
    >
    >> I installed Postgres just to deploy OpenClinica. I'm not using it for anything else.
    >> I'll try what you suggested.
    >>
    >> Thanks a lot.
    >>
    >>
    >> Il giorno 18/ago/2011, alle ore 18.38, Tom Hickerson ha scritto:
    >>
    >>> Hi Marco,
    >>>
    >>> What else do you have running on postgres? Do you have anything that is using the plpgsql language?
    >>>
    >>> If not, you might try logging into psql and manually dropping the language yourself, and then try to restart the OpenClinica instance again.
    >>>
    >>> Hope that helps, Tom
    >>>
    >>> Tom Hickerson | Senior Tier-2 Engineer
    >>> [email protected]
    >>> www.openclinica.com
    >>> Open Source Platform for Clinical Research
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> -----Original Message-----
    >>>
    >>> Sent: Thu 8/18/2011 19:12
    >>> To: [email protected]
    >>> Subject: [Users] Open Clinica 3.0 on Ubuntu 11.04
    >>>
    >>> Hallo.
    >>>
    >>> We've been attempting to install OpenClinica on Ubuntu 10.04 to test it for future installation in an University environment. We followed the instruction found on installation folder for LINUX OS's, but tomcat can't start the app.
    >>>
    >>> We installed Tomcat6, PostgresSQL 8.4 and JDBC drivers.
    >>>
    >>> Tomcat is working (I can access localhost:8080 and log into the manager), as is Postgres (user and DB created and working). Data and log directories were created and assigned the correct permission
    >>>
    >>> Notwithstanding that, the app can't get started in tomcat's manager. When I try to start it, I get the folowing message:
    >>>
    >>> FAIL - Application at context path /OpenClinica could not be started
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> In OpenClinica's log (/usr/local/tomcat/logs/openclinica.log) I've found the following error:
    >>>
    >>> 05/07 18:45:30 ERROR o.s.w.c.ContextLoader:215 - Context initialization failed
    >>> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'liquibase' defined in file [/var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/OpenClinica/WEB-INF/classes/org/akaza/openclinica/applicationContext-core-db.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is liquibase.exception.MigrationFailedException: Migration failed for change set migration/2.5/changeLogCreateTables.xml::1235684743487-0::pgawade (generated):
    >>> Reason: liquibase.exception.JDBCException: Error executing SQL DROP LANGUAGE IF EXISTS plpgsql;
    >>> CREATE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql;
    >>> SET check_function_bodies = false;
    >>> SET client_min_messages = error;
    >>> SET default_tablespace = '';
    >>> SET default_with_oids = true;
    >>> SET search_path = public, pg_catalog;
    >>> COMMENT ON SCHEMA public IS 'Standard public schema';:
    >>> Caused By: Error executing SQL DROP LANGUAGE IF EXISTS plpgsql;
    >>> CREATE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql;
    >>> SET check_function_bodies = false;
    >>> SET client_min_messages = error;
    >>> SET default_tablespace = '';
    >>> SET default_with_oids = true;
    >>> SET search_path = public, pg_catalog;
    >>> COMMENT ON SCHEMA public IS 'Standard public schema';:
    >>> Caused By: ERROR: cannot drop language plpgsql because other objects depend on it
    >>> .............................
    >>>
    >>> We recently upgraded to Ubuntu 11.04, but nothing has changed.
    >>>
    >>> We do not consider upgrading to the next release until this issue will be resolved.
    >>> Any help will be appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Marco Pusceddu
    >>>
    >>> ---
    >>>
    >>> Supporti Tecnologici snc
    >>> www.supportitecnologici.net
    >>> Via Gianturco, 24 - Cagliari (Italy)
    >>> Tel. 070 34 815 34
    >>> cell. Antonio Melis: 334 36 73 405
    >>> cell. Marco Pusceddu: 338 20 16 572
    >>> e-mail: [email protected]
    >>>
    >>> Ai sensi del Decreto Legislativo 196/2003 si precisa che le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate ed a uso esclusivo del destinatario. Qualora il messaggio Le fosse pervenuto per errore, La preghiamo di eliminarlo senza copiarlo, inoltrarlo a terzi o usare le informazioni in esso contenute, dandocene gentilmente comunicazione. Grazie
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
  • kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭
    I would remove PGSQL and reinstall it without PL PGSQL . This usually the quickest and cleanest method,

Regards

Krister
    Sent: 22 August 2011 17:01
    Subject: Re: [Users] Open Clinica 3.0 on Ubuntu 11.04

Tank you all.
    I resolved my first issue by manually removing the language from psql.
    Now I'm having a liquibase exception during application's initialization.
    Here is openclinica's log:
    ===================
    08/19 09:53:49 ERROR o.s.w.c.ContextLoader:215 - Context initialization failed org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'liquibase' defined in file [/var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/OpenClinica/WEB-INF/classes/org/akaza/openclinica/applicationContext-core-db.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is liquibase.exception.MigrationFailedException: Migration failed for change set migration/2.5/changeLogCreateTables.xml::12
    35684743487-1::pgawade (generated): Reason: liquibase.exception.JDBCException: Error executing SQL CREATE TABLE archived_dataset_file (archived_dataset_file_id serial NOT NULL, name VARCHAR(255), dataset_id INT, export_format_id INT, file_reference VARCHAR(1000), run_time INT, file_size INT, date_created DATE, owner_id INT, CONSTRAINT PK_ARCHIVED_DA
    TASET_FILE PRIMARY KEY (archived_dataset_file_id)): Caused By: Error executing SQL CREATE TABLE archived_dataset_file (archived_dataset_file_id serial NOT NULL, name VARCHAR(255), dataset_id INT, export_format_id INT, file_reference VARCHAR(1000), run_time INT, file_size INT, date_created DATE, owner_id INT, CONSTRAINT PK_ARCHIVED_DATASET_FILE PRIMARY KEY (arc
    hived_dataset_file_id)):
    Caused By: ERROR: relation "archived_dataset_file" already exists at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean
    Factory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1338) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean
    Factory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:473) at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBean
    ===================

Any idea?

Thanks

Il giorno 22/ago/2011, alle ore 15.54, Shaun Martin ha scritto:
    Hi Marco,
    If you install postgres with the default options it automatically installs the language. If you followed our install guides it has you select no to that option so the language is not installed. Tom’s suggestion should resolve the issue.
    Thanks,
    Shaun
    On 8/18/11 02:21 PM, "Marco Pusceddu" wrote:
    I installed Postgres just to deploy OpenClinica. I'm not using it for anything else.
    Thanks a lot.
    Hi Marco,
    Hope that helps, Tom
    [email protected]
    www.openclinica.com
    Hallo.
    Marco Pusceddu
    ---
    Supporti Tecnologici snc
    Tel. 070 34 815 34
  • sookeyosookeyo Posts: 75
    hi all
    I have extracted data from open clinica 3.1 to SPSS n when i try running the data in spss syntax editor i get the following error,i have not been able to proceed from here since i installed O.C 3.1.what could be the possible solution?
  • rwattsrwatts Posts: 102
    The get command contains a relative path to the file that you downloaded. You will have to edit it to include the full path to the file as it's not where SPSS is expecting it to be.
    Rick.
    Rick Watts B.Sc, FICR, CSci
    Team Lead, Clinical Research Informatics Core
    Women & Children's Health Research Institute
    Tel: (780) 248 1170
    Sent: August 23, 2011 12:34 AM
    Subject: Re: [Users] Open Clinica 3.0 on Ubuntu 11.04
    hi all
    I have extracted data from open clinica 3.1 to SPSS n when i try running the data in spss syntax editor i get the following error,i have not been able to proceed from here since i installed O.C 3.1.what could be the possible solution?
This discussion has been closed.