Blocking Users form accessing Some Events

Hi Team;
I am worried if there is a way I can block some users from viewing some events in Open Clinica.
This is because the study has field workers blinded form seeing some data for Study participants Like Screening and Vaccination but they can enter Some data like PCR Pricks.

I urgently need this solution so I will highly appreciate the support provided.

Regards;
Brian

Comments

• mwalukomwaluko Posts: 122
    Hi Team;
    I am worried if there is a way I can block some users from viewing some events in Open Clinica.
    This is because the study has field workers blinded form seeing some data for Study participants Like Screening and Vaccination but they can enter Some data like PCR Pricks.

Regards;
    Brian
    Hey Team;
    Any help please.
    Regards;
    Brian
    On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 8:52 AM, Brian Mutinda wrote:
    Hi Team;

Regards;
    Brian
    Hey Team;
    Any help please.
    Regards;
    Brian
    Hi Team;

Regards;
    Brian
  • Hi,
    I had the same problem, waiting for suggestion/resolution
    I have created a separate study with the 'blind' crf only.

Regards
    Alfonso.
    Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 12:59
    To: users; [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Users] Blocking Users form accessing Some Events
    Hey Team;
    Any help please.
    Regards;
    Brian
    Hi Team;

Regards;
    Brian
  • jjahrjjahr Posts: 41
    Hi Brian,

If you have your subjects assigned to sites, you can hide the CRFs in any given event: Build Study à Create Sites (View) à Edit. At the bottom of the page, under Update Site Event Definitions, select the event that you want to hide the CRF and check Hide CRF.

A user logged into that site would still be able to see the event, but they would not be able to view the CRF. Of course, normal subject-site restrictions apply here, so it can be fairly limiting.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Joe
    Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 6:59 AM
    Subject: Re: [Developers] Blocking Users form accessing Some Events

Hey Team;
    Any help please.
    Regards;
    Brian
    Hi Team;

Regards;
    Brian

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not an addressee, any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately if you have inadvertently received this message and delete it from your computer system.
    Hi Joe;
    Thanks. I still did the same but I think its not the best because it appears untidy.
    But anyway let me hope a better solution will be availed soon.
    Regards;
    Brian Mutinda
    On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Joseph Jahr wrote:
    Hi Brian,

If you have your subjects assigned to sites, you can hide the CRFs in any given event: Build Study à Create Sites (View) à Edit. At the bottom of the page, under Update Site Event Definitions, select the event that you want to hide the CRF and check Hide CRF.

A user logged into that site would still be able to see the event, but they would not be able to view the CRF. Of course, normal subject-site restrictions apply here, so it can be fairly limiting.

Joe

Hey Team;
    Any help please.
    Regards;
    Brian
    Hi Team;

Regards;
    Brian

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not an addressee, any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately if you have inadvertently received this message and delete it from your computer system.
  • jjahrjjahr Posts: 41
    Hi Brian,

I have to agree with you, it is not a great solution. Alfonso’s suggestion of splitting them up into two separate studies may be your best option. You could then join the data in PG or something else outside of OC when you need to extract.

Joe
    Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 8:29 AM
    To: [email protected]

Hi Joe;
    Thanks. I still did the same but I think its not the best because it appears untidy.
    But anyway let me hope a better solution will be availed soon.
    Regards;
    Brian Mutinda
    On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Joseph Jahr wrote:
    Hi Brian,

Joe

Hey Team;
    Any help please.
    Regards;
    Brian
    Hi Team;

Regards;
    Brian

This discussion has been closed.