We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

CDISC library

Hi,
Does openclinica use an existing CDISC library to output and consume CDISC data? I was hoping to automate data-entry from data on flat-files (using web services) into openclinica and thought using an existing CDISC library would greatly reduce the time required to produce a compliant file.
Thanks,
Suresh
Email Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/emaildisclaimer
Consultation Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/consultationdisclaimer

Comments

• Hi,
    Does openclinica use an existing CDISC library to output and consume CDISC data? I was hoping to automate data-entry from data on flat-files (using web services) into openclinica and thought using an existing CDISC library would greatly reduce the time required to produce a compliant file.
    Thanks,
    Suresh
    Email Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/emaildisclaimer
    Consultation Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/consultationdisclaimer
  • Hi Suresh,
    As far as I know not. We are currently finishing up a first alpha version of a small software layer that can be used to send data (including subject creation and event scheduling) to the OpenClinica web service though Mirth Connect. A minimally documented, rough version is on github (TraITOCWS). We are working on finishing up the documentation.
    Regards,
    Arjan van der Velde
    On Jul 17, 2012, at 5:26 PM, Thiagarajan, Suresh wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > Does openclinica use an existing CDISC library to output and consume CDISC data? I was hoping to automate data-entry from data on flat-files (using web services) into openclinica and thought using an existing CDISC library would greatly reduce the time required to produce a compliant file.
    > > Thanks,
    > > Suresh
    > >
    > > Email Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/emaildisclaimer
    > > Consultation Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/consultationdisclaimer
    > >
  • Hi Arjan,
    So, you generate the CDISC ODM files using custom code? Could you suggest me a good opensource library (preferably java) for reading / writing CDISC ODM? I have tried searching online, but without luck.
    Thanks,
    Suresh
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 10:11 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Cc: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Developers] CDISC library. .
    Hi Suresh,
    As far as I know not. We are currently finishing up a first alpha version of a small software layer that can be used to send data (including subject creation and event scheduling) to the OpenClinica web service though Mirth Connect. A minimally documented, rough version is on github (TraITOCWS). We are working on finishing up the documentation.
    Regards,
    Arjan van der Velde
    On Jul 17, 2012, at 5:26 PM, Thiagarajan, Suresh wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > Does openclinica use an existing CDISC library to output and consume CDISC data? I was hoping to automate data-entry from data on flat-files (using web services) into openclinica and thought using an existing CDISC library would greatly reduce the time required to produce a compliant file.
    > > Thanks,
    > > Suresh
    > >
    > > Email Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/emaildisclaimer
    > > Consultation Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/consultationdisclaimer
    > >
  • Hello Suresh,
    We do not directly generate CDISC. Instead we generate a study-specific template that can be used by Mirth Connect to build ODM messages. I reckon you could generate Java bindings from the CDISC definitions and use those bindings to construct CDISC messages.

Regards,
    Arjan
    On Jul 18, 2012, at 5:51 PM, Thiagarajan, Suresh wrote:
    > > Hi Arjan,
    > > So, you generate the CDISC ODM files using custom code? Could you suggest me a good opensource library (preferably java) for reading / writing CDISC ODM? I have tried searching online, but without luck.
    > > Thanks,
    > > Suresh
    > >
    > > -----Original Message-----
    > >
    > > Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 10:11 AM
    > > To: [email protected]
    > > Cc: [email protected]
    > > Subject: Re: [Developers] CDISC library. .
    > >
    > > Hi Suresh,
    > >
    > > As far as I know not. We are currently finishing up a first alpha version of a small software layer that can be used to send data (including subject creation and event scheduling) to the OpenClinica web service though Mirth Connect. A minimally documented, rough version is on github (TraITOCWS). We are working on finishing up the documentation.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > Arjan van der Velde
    > >
    > > On Jul 17, 2012, at 5:26 PM, Thiagarajan, Suresh wrote:
    > >
    >> >> Hi,
    >> >> Does openclinica use an existing CDISC library to output and consume CDISC data? I was hoping to automate data-entry from data on flat-files (using web services) into openclinica and thought using an existing CDISC library would greatly reduce the time required to produce a compliant file.
    >> >> Thanks,
    >> >> Suresh
    >> >>
    >> >> Email Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/emaildisclaimer
    >> >> Consultation Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/consultationdisclaimer
    >> >>
This discussion has been closed.