We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Running large volumes of rules in batch?

My current study in OpenClinica has just under 1000 rules.

There does not seem anyway to run these in true batch mode i.e run them all in one go without submitting them individually.

Is there a true batching facility in OC?

Regards,

Chris Rumsey

Clinical Trials Programmer
Direct Line: 0115 8844936

Nottingham Clinical Trials Unit
University of Nottingham
Room 2009
C Floor, South Block
Queens Medical Centre
Nottingham
NG7 2UH
UK

This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it. Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment. Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.
This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system: you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.

Comments

• Hi Chris,

I know you can at least run them one CRF at a time: go to Tasks -> CRFs [either Admin or Manage] -> Magnifying glass on top (original) row of a CRF -> ‘Run All Rules for this CRF’.

There doesn’t seem to be built-in way to run all the rules in a study at once, though.

Best regards,

Lindsay Stevens | Clinical Data Coordinator
    NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre, THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
    Office: Level 2, 6-10 Mallett St | Camperdown | NSW | 2050
    Mail: Locked Bag 77 | Camperdown | NSW | 1450
    T +61 2 9562 5369 | F +61 2 9562 5094
    E [email protected] | W www.ctc.usyd.edu.au
    Sent: Thursday, 25 October 2012 2:10 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Running large volumes of rules in batch?

There does not seem anyway to run these in true batch mode i.e run them all in one go without submitting them individually.

Regards,

Chris Rumsey

University of Nottingham
    Room 2009
    C Floor, South Block
    Queens Medical Centre
    Nottingham
    NG7 2UH
    UK

This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it. Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment. Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.
    This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system: you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.
    This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared by MailMarshal
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment to it are intended only to be read or used by the named addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistaken transmission to you. The CTC is not responsible for any unauthorised alterations to this e-mail or attachment to it. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the CTC. If you receive this e-mail in error, please immediately delete it and notify the sender. You must not disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.
  • LizRLizR Posts: 60
    That was my finding as well, that I had to run them one at a time. Having the capacity to run them all at once and getting a report about ones that failed, ones that had no affected patients, and ones that had affected patients would be really shiny.
    Liz Robertson
    Director of Data Management and IT
    TRACON Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
    [email protected]
    office: 858.550.0780 ext. 237
    cell: 760.481.5527
    Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:54 PM
    To: '[email protected]'
    Subject: Re: [Users] Running large volumes of rules in batch?
    Hi Chris,

I know you can at least run them one CRF at a time: go to Tasks -> CRFs [either Admin or Manage] -> Magnifying glass on top (original) row of a CRF -> ‘Run All Rules for this CRF’.

There doesn’t seem to be built-in way to run all the rules in a study at once, though.

Best regards,

Lindsay Stevens | Clinical Data Coordinator
    NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre, THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
    Office: Level 2, 6-10 Mallett St | Camperdown | NSW | 2050
    Mail: Locked Bag 77 | Camperdown | NSW | 1450
    T +61 2 9562 5369 | F +61 2 9562 5094
    E [email protected] | W www.ctc.usyd.edu.au
    Sent: Thursday, 25 October 2012 2:10 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Running large volumes of rules in batch?

Regards,

Chris Rumsey

University of Nottingham
    Room 2009
    C Floor, South Block
    Queens Medical Centre
    Nottingham
    NG7 2UH
    UK

This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared by MailMarshal
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment to it are intended only to be read or used by the named addressee. It is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistaken transmission to you. The CTC is not responsible for any unauthorised alterations to this e-mail or attachment to it. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the CTC. If you receive this e-mail in error, please immediately delete it and notify the sender. You must not disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.
This discussion has been closed.