We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Show different CRF questions based on another CRF question

Hi Folks -
I've been pondering how to do this for a while now, and am a bit perplexed. We currently have two events/crfs that are in use. I will call them CRF1 and CRF2. We are about to add a new event/crf to the study, which I will call CRF3. CRF3 will have two groups, group1 and group2. Based on values entered for items in CRF1 and CRF2 we want to show either CRF3.group1 or CRF3.group2, but never both. So just using some simple logic (obviously not valid) something like this:
When entering data in CRF3
if CRF1.item1 eq 1 and CRF2.item5 eq 3 show CRF3.group1 ELSE show CRF3.group2
Is this even remotely possible? If so, would somebody please kindly hit me upside the head with an information 2x4? I've been reading the CRF docs as well as the rules docs, but I've come up empty. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
-Brian

Comments

• Dear Brian,
    I think it could be managed in OC 3.1.2 and later.
    Presumably just as with DiscrepancyNoteAction rules, the rule's expression can reference items in other Events and CRFs.
    I think you would need a trigger question on the section of the CRF before the groups are hidden/appear (so the groups need to appear on the second or later section).
    Yours,
    Michael
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: 18 December 2012 11:09
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Show different CRF questions based on another CRF question
    Hi Folks -
    I've been pondering how to do this for a while now, and am a bit perplexed. We currently have two events/crfs that are in use. I will call them CRF1 and CRF2. We are about to add a new event/crf to the study, which I will call CRF3. CRF3 will have two groups, group1 and group2. Based on values entered for items in CRF1 and CRF2 we want to show either CRF3.group1 or CRF3.group2, but never both. So just using some simple logic (obviously not valid) something like this:
    Is this even remotely possible? If so, would somebody please kindly hit me upside the head with an information 2x4? I've been reading the CRF docs as well as the rules docs, but I've come up empty. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    -Brian
  • To slightly rephrase that:
    I would have thought that just as with DiscrepancyNoteAction rules, the rule's expression can reference items in other Events and CRFs.
    I think you would need a target question on a section of CRF3 before the groups are hidden/appear (so the groups need to appear on the second or later section).
    Sent: 18 December 2012 15:00
    Subject: RE: [Users] Show different CRF questions based on another CRF question
    Dear Brian,
    Presumably just as with DiscrepancyNoteAction rules, the rule's expression can reference items in other Events and CRFs.
    I think you would need a trigger question on the section of the CRF before the groups are hidden/appear (so the groups need to appear on the second or later section).
    Yours,
    Michael
    Sent: 18 December 2012 11:09
    Subject: [Users] Show different CRF questions based on another CRF question
    Hi Folks -
    -Brian
This discussion has been closed.