We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

New to OpenClinica

I have just recently downloaded the community version of the tracking software and am not sure how to begin. I was reading some of the system requirements and did not want to make any changes to my server. Our computers are using Windows 7 OS and Microsoft Office 2010. How do I get started? Thanks.
Rita J. Sheridan, LPN
Clinical Research Coordinator
Hanson Clinical Reseach Center
21216 Olean Boulevard - Ste 8
Port Charlotte FL 33952
941-764-9110

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This email and any attachment(s) are confidential and may contain private and/or privileged information. It is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this email/attachment(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, reproduction, reading or copying of this information, without the written authorization of Hanson Clinical Research Center, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email/attachment(s) in error, please delete all related material from any computers and notify the sender immediately. Thank you.

---

Comments

• parlayanparlayan Posts: 139
    Hi Rita,
    As a start,I would recommend the following.
    Create a virtual server (a windows 7 or a windows 2008 server for example) on your win 7 machine, install all the software needed to run OpenClinica on that virtual machine (and nothing else) and make the server available to all users in your network. We are using VMware on Win 7 host and win 2008 virtual server for OpenClinica guest server. It works perfect for a limited number of users. As a start, it will give you a feel about what you can do with OpenClinica.
    Best,
    Cuneyt Parlayan.
    On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 5:39 PM, wrote:
    I have just recently downloaded the community version of the tracking software and am not sure how to begin. I was reading some of the system requirements and did not want to make any changes to my server. Our computers are using Windows 7 OS and Microsoft Office 2010. How do I get started? Thanks.
    Rita J. Sheridan, LPN
    Port Charlotte FL 33952
    941-764-9110

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This email and any attachment(s) are confidential and may contain private and/or privileged information. It is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this email/attachment(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, reproduction, reading or copying of this information, without the written authorization of Hanson Clinical Research Center, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email/attachment(s) in error, please delete all related material from any computers and notify the sender immediately. Thank you.

---
  • kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Hi Rita,

All you need to do is to install the software according to the manual, you will need Java, PQSQL, Tomcat and the OpenClinica software. Allthough it sais that it is tested on Windwos XP it runs very well under Windows 7, and Office causes no problem. Just follow all the steps for installation and you should be up and running!

All the best

Krister
    Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 5:40 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Users] New to OpenClinica

Rita J. Sheridan, LPN
    Port Charlotte FL 33952
    941-764-9110

---
This discussion has been closed.