We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Derive lab ranges

Dear all,
I'm looking for a solution to 'derive' lab ranges from standard references to subject data.

I have studies with lab crfs in different events with data and ranges fields (e.g. Hemoglobin value, unit, LLN and ULN).
I would like the investigator fill-in the lab value only and something that automatically derives ranges values from
another crf that contains ranges information only for that subject.

I know it is no possible to use the insertaction to copy a value from a crf to another, if crfs are in different events.

Do you have suggestions to solve the problem?
I need to change the way I have decided to collect data?

Many thanks in advance

Alfonso

Comments

• alfopcliossalfopclioss Posts: 37
    Dear all,
    I'm looking for a solution to 'derive' lab ranges from standard references to subject data.

I have studies with lab crfs in different events with data and ranges fields (e.g. Hemoglobin value, unit, LLN and ULN).
    I would like the investigator fill-in the lab value only and something that automatically derives ranges values from
    another crf that contains ranges information only for that subject.

I know it is no possible to use the insertaction to copy a value from a crf to another, if crfs are in different events.

Do you have suggestions to solve the problem?
    I need to change the way I have decided to collect data?

Many thanks in advance

Alfonso
  • zwets-kcrizwets-kcri Posts: 50
    Alfonso,
    The approach I used was to not show the 'subject-specific normal ranges' in the CRF, and to have the validation rule (which *can* refer to values across CRFs) show a generic message "Value is outside of subject-specific normal range". It would indeed be nice if InsertActions and calculated fields could use 'cross-CRF' references in their computation.
    Cheers
    Marco
    --
    Marco van Zwetselaar
    KCRI - Kilimanjaro Clinical Research Institute
    Moshi
    Tanzania
    e [email protected]
    m +255 782 334124
    On 31 Jan 2013, at 14:23, Pastori, Alfonso [CliOSS] wrote:
    > Dear all,
    > I'm looking for a solution to 'derive' lab ranges from standard references to subject data.
    >
    > I have studies with lab crfs in different events with data and ranges fields (e.g. Hemoglobin value, unit, LLN and ULN).
    > I would like the investigator fill-in the lab value only and something that automatically derives ranges values from
    > another crf that contains ranges information only for that subject.
    >
    > I know it is no possible to use the insertaction to copy a value from a crf to another, if crfs are in different events.
    >
    > Do you have suggestions to solve the problem?
    > I need to change the way I have decided to collect data?
    >
    > Many thanks in advance
    >
    > Alfonso
    >
  • alfopcliossalfopclioss Posts: 37
    Thanks Marco for your point of view.

Alfonso Pastori
    Senior Clinical Systems Analyst
    CLIOSS s.r.l.
This discussion has been closed.