We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

[Developers] Not possible to change date of birth inedit Global Subject Record

kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭
Hi Hiro,

I recently watched a short video with you (I think) as the presenter explaining how to change CRF version in 3.1.3. Now I cannot find the video again and I cannot find how to set the new version as the default. Please help!
Regards

Krister

Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2013 12:22 AM
To: Krister Kristianson
Subject: Re: [Developers] [Users] Not possible to change date of birth inedit Global Subject Record

Hi Krister,

I am about to leave for weekend but just wanted you to know you created my account as Study Director so I have no access to Subject editing.

-Hiro

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 6:12 PM, Krister Kristianson wrote:
Dear Hiro,

Well I did what you said and deleted all log files and restarted Tomcat. I then send you there was. I have only find one line, the one I pointed to that seemed to the problem.

I have set you up to log in in our test server. The logon to the server UID = hiroho PW= 12345678 to log onto OpenClinica your UID= hiroho password xDzqnVdR

The URL is = http://77.244.235.48:8080/OpenClinica

Hope you can find what is wrong!!!

Best regards

Krister

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 11:31 PM
Subject: Re: [Developers] [Users] Not possible to change date of birth inedit Global Subject Record

Dear Krister,

Unfortunately that does not give us much clue. Is there anything in catalina.out? The one you attached only had the boot log. It would be helpful if you could find a way for us to reproduce it, or is going to be almost impossible for us to investigate.
Best regards.

-Hiro

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 9:42 AM, Krister Kristianson wrote:
Hi Hiro,

I was checking the log files again. Isn’t UUCP errors coming from Linux applications? You have to excuse my ignorance but I ‘m not a programmer, just an IT interested Clinical Pharmacologist.

Any clues yet on my Date of Birth issue??

Best regards

Krister
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:15 PM
To: [email protected]

One more thing, Krister,

It simply does not react at all when we click on Confirm.

I was wondering if you see anything in the log to this action. If any OpenClinica error occurs, it will show up in /tomcat/logs/catalina.out. Please do not send us the entire log file since we won't have a way to know which lines to examine. In Linux/Mac, I usually tail it to monitor it in real-time but am not familiar with how to do it in Windows. Anyone?

If OpenClinica error happens upon the click, it should show a block of java error trace. You can copy/paste the error block and send it to us. Another way of doing this is: Stop tomcat, delete all the log files, start tomcat, attempt editing DOB, zip up the tomcat/log dir and send it to us. This way, the log files contain only the DOB editing action for us to examine.
Best regards.

-Hiro

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Hiroaki Honshuku wrote:
Dear Krister,

Just a sanity check, is your Windows a US version?

As you may already know, setting locale to English on Windows is not the same with Windows US version. Microsoft Windows is, unlike Linux and Mac OSes, not a single binary install. Their dlls are different depending on which country they sell. For US developers, Microsoft makes us to pay hefty amount of money to obtain these dlls. This is why OpenClinica cannot support non US version of Windows.

Just a side note, Microsoft also prohibits US retailer to sell non US version of their products. When I needed Japanese version of Windows XP and Office, I had to purchase from Microsoft authorized importer, and paid the 3-4 times the retail price :-(

Best regards.

-Hiro

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 3:03 AM, Krister Kristianson wrote:
Hi Janus

The test I did yesterday was on Windows server 2003 with IE 8. I have also tried Firefox, no difference.

Thanks for the idea anyhow.

Regards

Krister
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:55 PM

Hi Krister,
When I read that OpenClinica doesn't react when you click the "Confirm" button, it made me think of whether this could be a browser issue... I see you're using IE, have you tried changing DOB through Firefox and an earlier version of IE (IE8) ?
Best,
Janus
Inactive hide details for "Krister Kristianson" "Krister Kristianson"
"Krister Kristianson"
Sent by: [email protected]
16-01-2013 23:16
Please respond to
[email protected]

To

cc

Subject

Re: [Developers] [Users] Not possible to change date of birth inedit Global Subject Record

Hello Hiro,
In Windows server 2003 I cannot recreate the DOB problem in 3.1.2. I will try to load it on a Windows 2008 server tomorrow. This no longer an issue since the problem in 3.1.3 still persists as you can see below.
When we create a new study in 3.1.3 running OC on Windows server 2003 R2, Windows server 2008 R2, Windows server 2012 and Windows 7 it is not possible to change DOB. Configuration is US English. It simply does not react at all when we click on Confirm. This new study had a different CRF but the same config settings as shown below. To me it seems to be an issue with the Community Version of OC.
Below a screen dump of our config settings and the Update Subject Details page.
Regards
Krister
cid:[email protected]
cid:[email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:08 PM
Subject: Re: [Developers] [Users] Not possible to change date of birth in edit Global Subject Record
Hello Krister,
I was asked to take a look at this issue. You said:
One of the problems is that if a nurse forgets to type in the DOB during the set-up process of a new patient, it defaults to the date when the study was initiated, in this case June 12 2012. So we frequently must go back and change the DOB.
This is the head-scratching part. OpenClinica Date of Birth is Either-Or. It can be required or not used at all. In other word, you cannot leave it blank when the field is available. If you found the way to bypass the validator, the steps to [Save] a Subject with leaving DOB field blank, we would like to know since we were unable to reproduce it.
Just to be sure, I have ran a quick test.
1. Deploy a 3.1.2 Community instance on my Ubuntu/Postgres
2. Set the Study Param so DOB is not used
3. Create a Subject
4. Change the Study Param so DOB is now used
5. Confirmed the created Subject's DOB is now blank
6. Set the browser locale to non English
7. Create another Subject with DOB set to 10 days after current date (Re: #10348)
8. Confirm the created Subject's DOB is now current date
9. Upgrade to 3.1.3 Community version
I was albe to enter/modify DOB on any subject. I believe the problem lies the face you were able to [Save] Subjects with leaving DOB field blank. Can you still reproduce it? If you can, how are your Study Param setup?
Best regards.
-Hiro
On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 8:38 AM, Krister Kristianson beta-JUDO, Uppsala University wrote:
Hi Richard,
Ii have studied this issue #10348 and the problem I ‘m having has nothing to do with this. We use English spelling in all our studies and install the Server OS in English as well. All our studies all data are keyed in English and local language does not appear.
My conclusion until someone shows me otherwise is that this has to do with the current Community Edition of OC.
Regards
Krister
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2013 5:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Developers] [Users] Not possible to change date of birth in edit Global Subject Record
Hello Krister/All,
Would you let me know the exact steps to reproduce the issue that you are experiencing in 3.1.3? Also, are you intending to test localization of OpenClinica? Would you let me know if you have any localized property files installed on your machine?
We are unable to reproduce the issue that you are experiencing. In fact, the date of birth can only be updated on the Administration Subject page. Also, we had similar issue with Date of Birth where it does not update but it pertained to OpenClinica 3.1.2, and this issue got resolved in 3.1.3
For more issue about Date of Birth not updating correctly, please refer to issue 10348 for more details --- this issue got resolved in 3.1.3.
Thanks,
Richard
On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Maria Albelo wrote:
I’ve seen this issue with earlier versions of OC this isn’t a new issue in 3.1.3.. It would take up to 2 attempts to save the updated DOB in the system.
Maria R. Albelo, MA
Senior Data Management Associate
Molecular NeuroImaging, LLC (MNI)
Institute for Neurodegenerative Disorders (IND)
P Please consider the environment before printing this email
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2013 9:20 AM
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Importance: High
I have now checked and the same problems occurs in all my 3.1.3 databases. See attached log file! This is rather serious problem and I hope you can solve it soonest.
Regards
Krister
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2013 2:52 PM
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: [Users] Not possible to change date of birth in edit Global Subject Record
Hi all,
I have discovered a problem in 3.1.3. Earlier it was possible to correct date of birth by entering the Global Subject Record. Now when I want to confirm the change nothing happens. To continue I have to cancel and the change is not stored! Is there another way to change DOB in 3.1.3.
Regards
Krister
This e-mail (including any attached documents) is proprietary and confidential and may contain legally privileged information. It is intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, retain, copy or distribute this message, and we kindly ask you to notify the sender by reply e-mail immediately and delete this message from your system. E-mail is susceptible to unauthorised alterations which may corrupt the message of the e-mail. e-Source Technology CDCM AB only sends and receives e-mails on the basis that e-Source Technology CDCM AB is not liable for any unauthorised alterations.
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not an addressee, any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately if you have inadvertently received this message and delete it from your computer system.

Comments

• tdpurnattdpurnat Posts: 126
    New version is set as the default in the Build study -- Manage Events --- edit the event and set default version in the CRF attached to the event.
    Tina
    ----------
    Why are my emails so terse? emailcharter.org
    2013/2/19 Krister Kristianson
    Hi Hiro,

I recently watched a short video with you (I think) as the presenter explaining how to change CRF version in 3.1.3. Now I cannot find the video again and I cannot find how to set the new version as the default. Please help!
    Regards

Krister

Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2013 12:22 AM

Hi Krister,

I am about to leave for weekend but just wanted you to know you created my account as Study Director so I have no access to Subject editing.

-Hiro
This discussion has been closed.