We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

[Developers] Randomization in OC

Hi Tony and Giada,
In my experience it is possible to implement a randomization module integrated within an architecture stack like OpenClinica. With ClinCapture, we are rolling out a randomization solution built on top of randomize.net, provided by Biometrix.
The solution also required us to develop a special CRF, together with Java and Javascript built into ClinCapture's front-end code, which would make a separate call to the randomize.net service through their API. In doing so, we had to address many technical issues ourselves, including the following:
1. One sided authentication
2. Loose configuration options
3. Support for unique trial Ids or multiple trial Ids
4. Support for both XML and JSON
5. Assignment to subjects
The code is already being included in our developer's releases of ClinCapture; if you would like more details about our solution, you can contact me off-list.
Hope that helps, Tom
On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Giada Morpurgo wrote:
Dear George
we often develope RCT and we use to build a study web site for randomization / unblinding connected to OC db, adding a link to it in the CRF. But it's just an "external" solution...
BR,
giada
----- Messaggio originale -----
Da: "Tony George"
A: "UserOC" , [email protected]
Inviato: Lunedì, 24 giugno 2013 15:27:20
Oggetto: [Users] Randomization in OC
Dear All;
Do you have any suggestion on how can i used randomization in the OC? does OC support randomization?
Thank you very much.
George

Comments

• lindsay.stevenslindsay.stevens Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    Hi Giada,
    Would you mind expanding on your randomisation system a little bit? I'd be interested to hear about how you went about making your external website, what is based on / what software performs the randomisation, etc.
    I have seen Randi3 (http://dschrimpf.github.io/randi3/) on the interwebs and I wonder if anyone has / is using it with OpenClinica, particularly as it's GitHub page has a section called 'openclinica'.
    Like George, I'd like to know what can be done to implement randomisation today, not next year+(?) or what other EDCs are capable of.
    Best regards,
    Lindsay
    On 27 June 2013 17:37, Giada Morpurgo wrote:
    Dear George
    we often develope RCT and we use to build a study web site for randomization / unblinding connected to OC db, adding a link to it in the CRF. But it's just an "external" solution...
    BR,
    giada
    ----- Messaggio originale -----
    Da: "Tony George"
    A: "UserOC" , [email protected]
    Inviato: Lunedì, 24 giugno 2013 15:27:20
    Oggetto: [Users] Randomization in OC
    Dear All;
    Do you have any suggestion on how can i used randomization in the OC? does OC support randomization?
    Thank you very much.
    George
This discussion has been closed.