We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Error ""HTTP Status 404"" Apache Tomcat/6.0.32

Hi everyone,
I’m having problem to access the OpenClinica login page. I was exporting the data when suddenly a power failure occurred in my office. After that I have tried again to access OpenClinica and I received the error below:
HTTP Status 404 -
type Status report
description The requested resource () is not available.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.32
I have been using OC 3.1.2 about 1 year for a few studies and do not have this problem. This is the first time.

I have tried the following:
1. - Reboot the server but OC was not back to functional
2. - Restart the tomcat but the above error appeared
3. - Tried to open Tomcat manager page but cannot load the manager page

Has anyone experienced it? Could give me some guidance? Please let me know if you need more information.

Details:
· - Windows Server 2003 R2
· - Postgresql 8.4
· - OpenClinica 3.1.2
· - Apache Tomcat 6.0.32

Thank you
Regards,
Huziana Fauzi

Comments

• jkeremianjkeremian Posts: 29
    Hi Fauzi
    If you can attach the Log files to this email, it might help to diagnose the issue.
    Thanks
    Joe
    On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 9:40 PM, whooz Fauzi wrote:
    Hi everyone,
    I’m having problem to access the OpenClinica login page. I was exporting the data when suddenly a power failure occurred in my office. After that I have tried again to access OpenClinica and I received the error below:
    HTTP Status 404 -
    type Status report
    Apache Tomcat/6.0.32
    I have been using OC 3.1.2 about 1 year for a few studies and do not have this problem. This is the first time.

Has anyone experienced it? Could give me some guidance? Please let me know if you need more information.

Details:
    · - Postgresql 8.4
    · - OpenClinica 3.1.2
    · - Apache Tomcat 6.0.32

Thank you
    Regards,
    Huziana Fauzi
  • SyntaxSyntax Posts: 34
    Hi Huziana,

Seems your Tomcat is crashed and malfunctioned from your previous power failure. If Tomcat service is unable to start, no way that OC will be functional.

I assume that you are unable to start Tomcat service by refer to what you said you cannot open Tomcat Manager page (it will accessible if Tomcat service is started).

In order to recovery it, you may need to:

[Perform all necessary backups]

- Backup your OC database in PostgreSQL (you may do not have issue with it? But just to make sure you have most recent database backup)
    - Backup OC data folder, datainfo.properties, optional server.xml and web.xml in case you modified them

[Tomcat recovery]

- Try uninstall your current Tomcat and then re-install it again by using same version (6.0.32) and same password, reboot the server
    - Check if Tomcat service is able to start, check if you can access Tomcat manager
    - Redeploy OC from WAR file, restore OC data folder, reconfigurations all necessary points (you can use backups from previous steps)
    - Check if you can access OC (you should be able at this point)

The whole backups and recovery processes may take you sometime so your OC will be outage for a while, frankly speaking a UPS is highly recommend (if you have budget constraint, buy a very cheap one still much better than do not have it at all).

Feel free to post again if you still need further assist, hope it helps and good luck J

Best regards,
    Montri
    Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 8:40 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: [Users] Error "HTTP Status 404" Apache Tomcat/6.0.32

Hi everyone,
    HTTP Status 404 -
    type Status report
    Apache Tomcat/6.0.32

Details:
    · - Postgresql 8.4
    · - OpenClinica 3.1.2
    · - Apache Tomcat 6.0.32

Thank you
    Regards,
    Huziana Fauzi
  • clindataclindata Posts: 5
    Hi Joe,
    Attached are all the logs.
    Thank you
    Regards,
    Huziana Fauzi
    On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 10:34 AM, Montri Ridjaibun wrote:
    Hi Huziana,

Seems your Tomcat is crashed and malfunctioned from your previous power failure. If Tomcat service is unable to start, no way that OC will be functional.

I assume that you are unable to start Tomcat service by refer to what you said you cannot open Tomcat Manager page (it will accessible if Tomcat service is started).

- Backup your OC database in PostgreSQL (you may do not have issue with it? But just to make sure you have most recent database backup)
    - Backup OC data folder, datainfo.properties, optional server.xml and web.xml in case you modified them

[Tomcat recovery]

- Try uninstall your current Tomcat and then re-install it again by using same version (6.0.32) and same password, reboot the server
    - Check if Tomcat service is able to start, check if you can access Tomcat manager
    - Redeploy OC from WAR file, restore OC data folder, reconfigurations all necessary points (you can use backups from previous steps)

The whole backups and recovery processes may take you sometime so your OC will be outage for a while, frankly speaking a UPS is highly recommend (if you have budget constraint, buy a very cheap one still much better than do not have it at all).

Feel free to post again if you still need further assist, hope it helps and good luck J

Best regards,
    Montri

Hi everyone,
    HTTP Status 404 -
    type Status report
    Apache Tomcat/6.0.32

Details:
    · - Postgresql 8.4
    · - OpenClinica 3.1.2
    · - Apache Tomcat 6.0.32

Thank you
    Regards,
    Huziana Fauzi
  • clindataclindata Posts: 5
    Dear Montri,
    I appreciate the information and advice you have given. We managed to detect a corrupted subfolder in the OC folder. And had it restored from last backup, tested and its work.
    Again, thank you so much for your help. I sincerely appreciate it
    Best regards,
    Huziana
    Hi Huziana,

[Tomcat recovery]

Best regards,
    Montri

Hi everyone,
    HTTP Status 404 -
    type Status report
    Apache Tomcat/6.0.32

Details:
    · - Postgresql 8.4
    · - OpenClinica 3.1.2
    · - Apache Tomcat 6.0.32

Thank you
    Regards,
    Huziana Fauzi
  • SyntaxSyntax Posts: 34
    Dear Huziana,

You’re welcome and glad to hear that your OC is successfully recovered J. I still convince you to get UPS for it if your budget is allowed.

P.S. One thing it may look weird, if there is a corrupted subfolder in OC folder and if it’s inside OpenClinica web app folder, your Tomcat should be able to start and only OC will not functional. However if it’s a subfolder for Tomcat itself, yes it can cause Tomcat downed and not able to be started.

Best regards,
    Montri
    Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 3:15 PM
    Subject: Re: [Users] Error "HTTP Status 404" Apache Tomcat/6.0.32

Dear Montri,
    I appreciate the information and advice you have given. We managed to detect a corrupted subfolder in the OC folder. And had it restored from last backup, tested and its work.
    Again, thank you so much for your help. I sincerely appreciate it
    Best regards,
    Huziana

Hi Huziana,

[Tomcat recovery]

Best regards,
    Montri

Hi everyone,
    HTTP Status 404 -
    type Status report
    Apache Tomcat/6.0.32

Details:
    · - Postgresql 8.4
    · - OpenClinica 3.1.2
    · - Apache Tomcat 6.0.32

Thank you
    Regards,
    Huziana Fauzi
This discussion has been closed.