We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Age calculation

13»

Comments

• yfarooqyfarooq Posts: 41
    Hi Stephanie,
    The way OpenClinica work is, if a ITEM_DISPLAY_STATUS option set to hidden then the system will never read the item, therefor you need to hide the item using CSS or JavaScript, give an ID to your item then using javascript you will be able to hide it "youritem.style.display = 'none';". how to use javascript http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenClinica_User_Manual/AgeField
    On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 10:28 PM, Stephanie Hamilton wrote:
    Hi,
    I am using the “Hide” option in the “ITEM_DISPLAY_STATUS” column in the actual CRF.

On the Sections tab, I have copied the script from the wikibooks page in the Instructions field for that section.
    On the Items tab, I have these entries:
    DESCRIPTION_LABEL

LEFT_ITEM_TEXT
    Today's Date

Today's Date:
    Patient's Date of Birth

Patient's Date of Birth:
    Patient's Age Derived

Derived Age:

I appreciate your feedback!
    Stephanie
    Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 3:11 PM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Users] Age calculation

Hi Stephanie,

which method are you using to hide?

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 9:22 PM, Stephanie Hamilton wrote:
    Hi everyone,
    I am using the age calculation script found on the wikibooks link in order to calculate an age based on two fields – “Patient DOB” and a “Date Form Completed.” I have the calculated age field hidden, but I’ve found that the derived age is only saving to the database if I unhide the field. Any thoughts as to why this may be happening, or if there is another way to calculate age?
    Thanks!
    Stephanie Hamilton
    Assistant Manager, Clinical Affairs
    Myriad Genetic Laboratories, Inc.
  • shamiltonshamilton Posts: 4
    Hi Yama,
    Thank you for the feedback.
    Kind regards, Stephanie
    Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 4:18 PM

Hi Stephanie,

The way OpenClinica work is, if a ITEM_DISPLAY_STATUS option set to hidden then the system will never read the item, therefor you need to hide the item using CSS or JavaScript, give an ID to your item then using javascript you will be able to hide it "youritem.style.display = 'none';". how to use javascript http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenClinica_User_Manual/AgeField

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 10:28 PM, Stephanie Hamilton wrote:
    Hi,
    I am using the “Hide” option in the “ITEM_DISPLAY_STATUS” column in the actual CRF.

On the Sections tab, I have copied the script from the wikibooks page in the Instructions field for that section.
    On the Items tab, I have these entries:
    DESCRIPTION_LABEL

LEFT_ITEM_TEXT
    Today's Date

Today's Date:
    Patient's Date of Birth

Patient's Date of Birth:
    Patient's Age Derived

Derived Age:

I appreciate your feedback!
    Stephanie
    Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 3:11 PM

Hi Stephanie,

which method are you using to hide?

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 9:22 PM, Stephanie Hamilton wrote:
    Hi everyone,
    I am using the age calculation script found on the wikibooks link in order to calculate an age based on two fields – “Patient DOB” and a “Date Form Completed.” I have the calculated age field hidden, but I’ve found that the derived age is only saving to the database if I unhide the field. Any thoughts as to why this may be happening, or if there is another way to calculate age?
    Thanks!
    Stephanie Hamilton
    Assistant Manager, Clinical Affairs
    Myriad Genetic Laboratories, Inc.
This discussion has been closed.