We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Tomcat issue

Dear All,
I don't know what is happening with Tomcat but I cannot access openclinica. I have been trying several times to start tomcat so it is no working it, i cannot access Tomcat Manager.
Your help it will be really appreciate.
Best regards,
Moha
De : Caesar Olima
À : "[email protected]" ; "[email protected]"
Envoyé le : Mercredi 4 décembre 2013 9h38
Objet : Re: [Users] CRF Version Migration
Hello Michael and Lindsay,
Thank you all for your advice. I have been using the feature without much thought. So far things have been going hunky dory. I will look into using the suggested alternatives such as download the dataset into ODM format and upload a new CRF version and then re-upload on the new ODM with the appropriate CRF version edits made. Will also check out JIRA as suggested to understand the issues better.
Thanks,
Caesar
Sent: 29 November 2013 17:50
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Users] CRF Version Migration
I am with Lindsay. The version migration needs more work done.
Beside the issues Lindsay mentioned, if CRF was marked complete before migration, CRF would be marked complete after migration. So every new field would need an reason for changes DN when you enter new data for new fields!
We are going through some major CRF revisions and PI wanted to migrate old versions to the latest version. I was hoping the CRF version migration could help us a bit. However, with issues mentioned, I am not sure if we have to re-think our approaches.
Michael
Michael Shi BSc, MCP, OCP
Programming Manger, The Centre for Mother, Infant, and Child Research (CMICR)
Sunnybrook Research Institute, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 9:02 AM, Lindsay Stevens wrote:
Hi Caesar,
I am not sure about the interaction with DDE but I thought I should warn you about version migration. Check jira and test thoroughly before you use it.
Problems I encountered include: show/hide settings not preserved (have to retrigger), unable to mark complete if required fields are hidden (have to force with event status or import), migration not attributed correctly in audit logs (seems to go to user who first or most recently saved).
It is disappointing that the last issue made it into production. I too only noticed it after live CRFs were migrated - it was unnerving to see what looked like site CRC users migrating CRFs.
Alternatives include export/delete/import, or delete/re-enter, or capture new fields on separate new CRF.
Best regards,
Lindsay
On Nov 30, 2013 12:00 AM, "Caesar Olima" wrote:
Dear OC Users,
I have modified a CRF in OC to a newer version that has some fields not in the previous one. I am using OC ver 3.1.3 and was expecting to have the feature of being able to perform data transfer to the newer version according to the documentation found at https://docs.openclinica.com/3.1/openclinica-user-guide/submit-data-module-overview/crf-version-migration.
Of the requirements for the feature I can see that the CRFs meet the criteria. However, double data entry has been enables on the CRFs. I am not sure if this is supposed to affect this functionality.
Has anybody, bumped into a similar situation before? How did you go about resolving the issue? Your inputs will be really appreciated.
Kind regards,
Caesar Olima

Comments

• Manoj SoniManoj Soni Posts: 163
    Hi
    What opens, when you click on Configure Tomcat., What is Service status. If it is started, openclinica should work.
    I generally make this service automatic, and it always started.
    Also you can uninstall and reinstall tomcat, may solve the problem.
    Manoj
    On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 7:41 PM, Mohamed Duali wrote:
    Dear All,
    I don't know what is happening with Tomcat but I cannot access openclinica. I have been trying several times to start tomcat so it is no working it, i cannot access Tomcat Manager.
    Your help it will be really appreciate.
    Best regards,
    Moha
    De : Caesar Olima
    À : "[email protected]" ; "[email protected]"
    Envoyé le : Mercredi 4 décembre 2013 9h38
    Objet : Re: [Users] CRF Version Migration
    Hello Michael and Lindsay,
    Thank you all for your advice. I have been using the feature without much thought. So far things have been going hunky dory. I will look into using the suggested alternatives such as download the dataset into ODM format and upload a new CRF version and then re-upload on the new ODM with the appropriate CRF version edits made. Will also check out JIRA as suggested to understand the issues better.
    Thanks,
    Caesar
    Sent: 29 November 2013 17:50
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: [Users] CRF Version Migration
    I am with Lindsay. The version migration needs more work done.
    Beside the issues Lindsay mentioned, if CRF was marked complete before migration, CRF would be marked complete after migration. So every new field would need an reason for changes DN when you enter new data for new fields!
    We are going through some major CRF revisions and PI wanted to migrate old versions to the latest version. I was hoping the CRF version migration could help us a bit. However, with issues mentioned, I am not sure if we have to re-think our approaches.
    Michael
    Michael Shi BSc, MCP, OCP
    Programming Manger, The Centre for Mother, Infant, and Child Research (CMICR)
    Sunnybrook Research Institute, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
    On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 9:02 AM, Lindsay Stevens wrote:
    Hi Caesar,
    I am not sure about the interaction with DDE but I thought I should warn you about version migration. Check jira and test thoroughly before you use it.
    Problems I encountered include: show/hide settings not preserved (have to retrigger), unable to mark complete if required fields are hidden (have to force with event status or import), migration not attributed correctly in audit logs (seems to go to user who first or most recently saved).
    It is disappointing that the last issue made it into production. I too only noticed it after live CRFs were migrated - it was unnerving to see what looked like site CRC users migrating CRFs.
    Alternatives include export/delete/import, or delete/re-enter, or capture new fields on separate new CRF.
    Best regards,
    Lindsay
    On Nov 30, 2013 12:00 AM, "Caesar Olima" wrote:
    Dear OC Users,
    I have modified a CRF in OC to a newer version that has some fields not in the previous one. I am using OC ver 3.1.3 and was expecting to have the feature of being able to perform data transfer to the newer version according to the documentation found at https://docs.openclinica.com/3.1/openclinica-user-guide/submit-data-module-overview/crf-version-migration.
    Of the requirements for the feature I can see that the CRFs meet the criteria. However, double data entry has been enables on the CRFs. I am not sure if this is supposed to affect this functionality.
    Has anybody, bumped into a similar situation before? How did you go about resolving the issue? Your inputs will be really appreciated.
    Kind regards,
    Caesar Olima
This discussion has been closed.