Create Likert scales in CRF's

Hello everyone!

I'm doing CRF's for a study that uses CGI and SGI scales (based on likert scales). When I put it on an OpenClinica CRF, how I'm I supposed to introduce the response options (1 to 7, 1 being strongly disagree and 7 strongly agree, for instance) in order to be similar to a questionare using likert scales? There isn't anyway of creating a sort of a table with the options on the top and the questions on the left as in paper questionaries? 
Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

David

Comments

• agoodwinagoodwin Posts: 131 admin
    via Email
    Hello David,

Gerben had some good suggestions (particularly around VAS). You can see
    some examples here:
    http://www.trialdatasolutions.com/tds/howto/vas.jsp

Best,
    Alicia

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 10:45 AM, davidmanteigas <
  • davidmanteigasdavidmanteigas Posts: 14
    Hi Alicia,

Thank you for the reference. But my problem isn't with VAS but with likert scales. I want to do someting like this in the CRF: https://rmsbunkerblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/likert-scale-1.jpg

Best,

David
  • agoodwinagoodwin Posts: 131 admin
    via Email
    Hi David,

Is using a radio button with a horizontal layout not sufficient? It would
    not have the grid lines but the layout would be fairly similar.

Best,
    Alicia

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 11:02 AM, davidmanteigas <
  • jmacminn1jmacminn1 Posts: 18
    Hi David,

I think that Alicia's suggestion of using a horizontal layout might create a similar looking scale.

One option is to place the statement ("I would like to read more posts about survey rating scales") in the Left Item Text. When you create the Response Options Text, you can simply use the options "Strongly Disagree", "Disagree", "Undecided", "Agree", "Strongly Agree" (or something similar) and se the Response Layout to "Horizontal"

As another option, you could try putting the statement ("I would like to read more posts about survey rating scales") in the Header of the CRF Item. Using this approach, the statement will appear above the response options. In the Left Item Text, you can put "Strongly Disagree" and in the Right Item Text, you can put "Strongly Agree." The Response Options Text in this case could simply be numbers such as 1,2,3,4,5.

Best,
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.