org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP

Hi folks,

I'm trying to install OpenClinica 3.5 by following the wiki instructions, and I'm getting stuck with this error:

27-May-2015 21:16:11.040 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log Initializing Spring FrameworkServlet 'pages'
27-May-2015 21:16:20.553 SEVERE [http-apr-8080-exec-3] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
 org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:

An error occurred at line: [77] in the generated java file: [/usr/share/tomcat8/work/Catalina/localhost/OpenClinica/org/apache/jsp/WEB_002dINF/jsp/login/login_jsp.java]
The method getJspApplicationContext(ServletContext) is undefined for the type JspFactory

An error occurred at line: [94] in the generated java file: [/usr/share/tomcat8/work/Catalina/localhost/OpenClinica/org/apache/jsp/WEB_002dINF/jsp/login/login_jsp.java]
The method getDispatcherType() is undefined for the type HttpServletRequest

An error occurred at line: [402] in the generated java file: [/usr/share/tomcat8/work/Catalina/localhost/OpenClinica/org/apache/jsp/WEB_002dINF/jsp/login/login_jsp.java]
The method _jspx_meth_c_005fredirect_005f0(JspTag, PageContext) in the type login_jsp is not applicable for the arguments (IfTag, PageContext)

Has anyone been able to solve this?

thanks,
-G

Comments

• gabrielgrosagabrielgrosa Posts: 2
    To answer my own question: don't use Tomcat8. Works fine with Tomcat7 -- pay closer attention to the instructions.
  • kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭
    via Email
    You got it!! Follow the instructions to the letter! :)
This discussion has been closed.