We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Problems installing WEB services in OC 3.5 & 2.6

13»

Comments

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Thank you Lindsay, your help is greatly appreciated- I will modify the files accordingly and let you know how it goes.
    It still does not work. So I have decided to reinstall OC from scratch and then try to install WS. I have saved the two config files designed as per your instructions and will use those and maybe mail will work as well. Just a final question before I start.
    Will I have to make any changes in the following two files??? C:/tomcat/webapps/OpenClinica/webinfo/classes/datainfo.properties or in the
    C:/tomcat/webapps/OpenClinica-ws/webinfo/classes/datainfo.properties
    I have used the default settings for everything else since this is just a test database.
    When we get it up and running the database will be used for the Swedish part of the Affinity/Effects/Focus study. The study is done in cooperation with the Medical Unit in Edinburgh, Sidney and at Karolinska institute in Stockholm. It is a study in stroke using the drug Fluoxetine in a total of 6000 patients. It all done with government grants, there is no drug company involved.
    We will need WEB services to import the randomisation data from Edinburg, but the rest of the data will be keyed in the Swedish centers.
  • ebsebs Posts: 137 ✭✭
    My understanding of the deployment is that the second datainfo.properties file is only created after the initial deployment of the web app is performed.

"Important change in 3.4: The first time you install OpenClinica you will configure datainfo.properties here: c:\oc\tomcat\webapps\OpenClinica\WEB-INF\classes\datainfo.properties. Consequent configuration changes SHOULD be made here c:\oc\tomcat\webapps\openclinica.config."

https://github.com/OpenClinica/OpenClinica/wiki/Install-OpenClinica-3.4-on-Windows#i-configure-the-openclinica-application

So you should do the following:
    1. Copy war file to webapps
    2. Start Tomcat
    3. Wait for it to be deployed
    4. Stop Tomcat
    5. Delete war file from webapps
    6. Change the datainfo.properties file in C:\oc\tomcat\openclinica.config
    7. Restart Tomcat
    8. Cross fingers for luck - optional step ;-)

The same would apply to the WS files. Personally I get the main OC app working first and then do the WS app rather than all in one.

Cheers
    Eric

via Email
    Thank Eric,

Just now I'm starting it all from scratch. I have had no problems with OpenClinica, it is the WS application that cause the headache but I understand now that you should only work with the c:\oc\tomcat\ config files.

Regards

Krister
    Hi Lindsay and Eric,
    Thanks to your instructions and configuration file edits WEB services now seems to work. I get to the WS welcome page as I should. There is one little thing thing that makes me wonder if everything is as it should. I can no longer get into the Tomcat manager with the http://localhost:8080 It just brings up a page indicating that it cannot find this. Maybe this command has to be changed as well.
    Regards and thanks
    Krister
  • lindsay.stevenslindsay.stevens Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    via Email
    Try going to localhost/manager. You'll also need to add a user to
    conf/tomcat-users.xml as described in the tomcat docs, which has no users
    defined by default, effectively disabling the manager app.

For security its probably best to only deploy the OC apps and none of the
    default tomcat apps.
  • GerbenRienkGerbenRienk Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    Lindsay is correct: if you leave your /manager/html in the standard way you will see in your logs scripts trying to login as tomcat, root, admin, etc. Best to undeploy examples and rename manager/html to manager-tds/html or such like. And generate a strong password for the account you enable in tomcat-users.xml
    Yes I do understand, but where do I make the change. What do you mean with "undeploy samples". Why is this not mentioned in the OC manuals?
    via Email
    Hi Lindsay,

Now I used your detailed instructions on another server together with a SSL certificate and both WEB services and the SSL certificate worked right out of the box! Thanks a lot to both you and Gerben for your expertise and didactic instructions.

Best wishes

Krister
  • lindsay.stevenslindsay.stevens Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    via Email
    No problem, glad you got it. :)
This discussion has been closed.