I am attempting to retrieve clinical data for all subjects enrolled at a given site using REST requests with the /Study_OID/*/*/* pattern in OpenClinica 3.6. However, I am experiencing extremely poor performance, and was wondering if anyone has any experience of this or tips on how to improve it.
- A REST request for a site containing 7 subjects takes 2.5 minutes to respond.
- A REST request for a site containing 12 subjects takes just under 5 minutes to respond.
- A REST request for anything more that about 12 subjects returns a nginx '404' error
I have a couple of observations which may help or be of interest:
- When executing similar requests in 3.5, the response time was an order of magnitude faster (a few seconds rather than a few minutes), but unfortunately these responses are useless because of the bug mentioned here
- Typically, a large proportion of the response is comprised of study metadata (under the <Study /> node), which I am not interested in and do not need. I only need the <ClinicalData /> node. Is there any way of not having the study metadata returned? This might speed up the response...?