We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Add extra columns in subject matrix

andreasgrandreasgr Posts: 4
edited February 2016 in General Discussion
Hi
I was wondering whether we can adapt the tables as for example the subject matrix and add columns with other parameters such as subject name in the community version 3.9
Also can i add search within tables ?
I would appreciate if someone did it so that i can decide whether to use openclinica or some other software.

Comments

• kristiakkristiak Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭
    You probably do not mean "sue", you probably wanted to say pursue :)
  • andreasgrandreasgr Posts: 4
    :) use in the correct word
    should i go to enterprise version to have these two features above?
    anyone?
    Sorry I forgot to answer your question. Yes you can. The source code is available on line where you can make essentially any changes as long as you adhere to the GNU LGPL license

Regards

Krister
    thank you for your answer! is there any code documentation or how to, where to search, in which part of the code, for this to start?
    No the community version is fine. For further help on how to, I would ask the "gurus", Gerber, and Lindsay. The can direct you to the correct places in GitHub to find the correct documentation. If you are a little more specific, maybe I can help you. Exactly what do you mean by "adding more columns in the subject matrix"? The subject matrix essentially shows the various visits in the study . If you want more there is a possibility to to that by hitting "Show more" if you want to show patient name (not advisable, violation of privacy rules) you can define that during study set up uder Secondary patient ID. So I would say that without modifying the code OpenClinica is very flexible.
    Regards

Krister
  • toskriptoskrip Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    Adding parameter to the subject matrix table is possible. In case that it is parameter that is already stored for study subject or subject entity than this change is quite easy.. but you will still need to build your own distribution of OC for that. If you want to add new attributes that are not stored within existing study subject or subject entity, this would require modification of OC database scheme and this is already something more complicated. OC uses liquibase to perform iterative modification of DB schemes and if you start changing DB schemes on your own you would very likely brake the liquibase migration scripts.

If you need new attributes that do not have representation in the current DB scheme I would say that the best way is to collect these within some CRF. And pull this data from CRF using data access dao objects. However there is some non trivial work involved. And depending on the complexity of your study and also based on how much configurable you would want this to have, it may cause some performance issues when loading subject matrix (as it has to reach for data down to ItemData level). Using RESTfull URLs to pull the data from CRF is not an option for this use case because you would end up with long loading times (always querying whole metadata and full subject clinical data...).

Not sure how urgent this is. OC is currently developing standard components that could be used to build custom subject matrix or other types of reports. Of course this is not yet finished, and it was not even official announced. However if you don't have enough technical and programming experience, I think you will have the best chances by querying OC sales representatives whether they can provide you such custom matrix as a part of OC enterprise package.

T

• toskriptoskrip Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    And I forgot to note. If you just need to display some categorical attributes that are assigned to patient, for this you can define subject group classes that can be shown directly in subject matrix.

https://docs.openclinica.com/3.1/study-setup/build-study/create-subject-group-class