We hope you'll join us for our 4/23 webinar on using data tables to apply reference ranges and AE codes in OC4. For more information and to register, visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2882170018956684555

Re: [OpenClinica] Re: [OpenClinica] How to hide certain forms from certain users?

lindsay.stevenslindsay.stevens Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
Maybe Csaba can weigh in on how to do this exactly, I heard that this was
possible from him. Otherwise I'll see if I can get it to go locally in the
next couple days. What OC version are you on?

Comments

• mvirtosumvirtosu Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Lindsay,

We are using OpenClinica 3.11.

Here are my previous posts on this topic for anyone else wondering:

Thanks for your suggestion. I tested by creating an ODM import file containing the file upload link from another subject and, while the import went fine and I can see the file name on the new CRF, when I click on the link, I cannot view/download the file, all I get is a blank page. I can, however, view/download the file just fine on the CRF for the original subject.

I noticed that the download link contains the event CRF ID and since that does not match, perhaps that is why the file is not retrieved?

Also, I am not sure why your email response created a new thread, but here is my original post in case people are wondering:

"We have a multi-site study where a PI needs to review certain file uploads and fill out their observations on a review results CRF. The reviewer must not see any other forms and the other people in the study must not see the review results CRF.

We have been using the workaround of enrolling each subject again at a "review"site and manually re-uploading the files needed for review at that site. Then we hide most of the forms from the "review" site and allow access only to the "review results" CRF. This workaround is less than ideal since it involves a lot of manual work.

I am sure people have come across this scenario in other studies. What was your solution?"

Mihai
  • Csaba.HalmagyiCsaba.Halmagyi Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Hi Mihai,

"Importing" files is easy.

I have this example study with two subjects:
    For the first subject I used the OC user interface to upload the file (original name was fileforsubj1.png). When you extract the dataset for this subject you can spot how OC deals with file uploads:

Basically it uploads the file to a designated area on your server (this is defined in the datainfo.properties), adds a few random chars to the filename to ensure the uniqueness of the filename and stores the file URI as an item value.

So if you want to do a bulk import, all you need to do is to upload the files to that designated area (make sure that the filenames are unique) and use the files' URI as item values:

Obviously you have to know which file belong to which subject.

Regards,

Csaba
  • mvirtosumvirtosu Posts: 276 ✭✭
    Csaba,

Thank you very much for your post, it made me realize I was missing a step. My source and target are at separate sites, therefore I must physically copy the file from site A's folder to site B's folder.

Now that I think about it, it makes sense for OpenClinica not to allow access site B's files when logged in at site A.

Thanks again Lindsay and Csaba!

Mihai