31 Dec 2018: Thank you to our knowledgeable and friendly forums users for another great year. We are aware of the uptick in spam accounts and are doing our best to ban these at first sight. Thank you for your patience!

XML is Not Well formed on Import

Hi All,

I am trying to import data to a study and having some difficulties! I keep getting the "your XML is not well formed " return from the web service.

I have sent SOAP requests via OxygenXML and SOAP UI and the Mirth Connect platform (other web services) , very successfully, but for some reason cannot get an import working.

I have attached a SOAP envelope. The ODM works when imported via the data import in the OC Web UI. It fails with the same response in both Oxy and SOAPUI.

I have seen the other discussions with the same problem and formatted the envelope and request as was suggested in those, but it still fails.

I know it has to be in the envelope somehow, I just can't see where !!

I have attached a sample (as a txt file) - all data items that were even vaguely useful are replaced with ????

Could someone please point out my stupididty!!

Thanks in advance.

:)


Stewart






Comments

  • RCHENURCHENU Posts: 204
    And if you change your SOAP-ENV to soapenv ?
  • RCHENURCHENU Posts: 204
    The env I use, if you want to try with it.
  • OCStuOCStu Posts: 12
    UPDATE:

    I got some debug turned on and it does not look to me like the attempt is event getting to the point where its trying to import the ODM.

    I can see the output below in the log file.

    This is the last entry in the log. When I compare it to a WS call that succeeds I can see the actual query run by the WS etc. The difference between the 2 calls is that this one contains ODM to import.

    My account is set up as far as I know for WS access, are there any special permissions or things that i might need to attend to in the OC environment to enable things for OC Import via Web Services?

    As far as I know this was not a "fresh clean" install but a copy from an existing environment.

    Any and all suggestions gratefully received!!

    Log File Extract
    =======================
    02/16 10:24:53 [] AUTHPRIV DEBUG o.a.o.d.c.PreparedStatementFactory:70 -
    found object name:[java.lang.String] [1] value[?????]
    02/16 10:24:53 [] AUTH DEBUG o.a.o.d.l.UserAccountDAO:223 - Executing dynamic query, EntityDAO.select:query select * from study_user_role where user_name=?
    02/16 10:24:53 [] FTP DEBUG o.a.o.ws.DataEndpoint:112 - rootElement=null
    02/16 10:24:53 [] FTP DEBUG o.a.o.ws.DataEndpoint:325 - sending fail message Your XML is not well-formed.

  • OCStuOCStu Posts: 12
    Well well. I noticed immediately that your ODM element has no namespace declarations in it.

    Mine was constructed from examples on site that are working.

    Thank you vv much for the input.

    I didn't use the whole env, just removed the namespaces from my ODM and it imported the document fine.

    :)

  • toskriptoskrip Posts: 267 ✭✭✭
    Hi,

    try to remove the namespaces from your ODM root element. I think I seen this once and from that time I try to use simple ODM without namespaces info.

    Tomas
  • toskriptoskrip Posts: 267 ✭✭✭
    :) you figured it out faster on your own than I finished writing it here
  • OCStuOCStu Posts: 12
    Well, to be fair, there was help from RCHENU with a working SOAP request.

    Thanks to you both for input.

    Stewart
Sign In or Register to comment.